Purpose driven Design Agency.
B Corp Certifed.
x1 day a week in the office.
Do you want to work for a B Corp certified Design Agency. As a Backend Developer you’ll work closely with the UX team, design team and their clients, to deliver on their vision and build experiences with impact. You will need the knowledge of a range of technologies to help develop new website and application solutions. Whilst the role is more weighted towards backend development, there will be times where you will be required to support on aspects of frontend development. The role will require strong understanding of their clients and their business, industry, competition, preferences, needs, objectives and goals, and you will demonstrate this through internal and external dialogue.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with a range of technologies to develop new websites and applications, and maintain and enhance existing ones.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the digital landscape and a love for technology.
- Understand our clients, their businesses, preferences, and needs.
- Establish a clear and efficient internal dialogue with the Delivery Team.
- Work collaboratively across the whole Dev team.
Key Responsibilities –
- Endeavour to exceed client expectations, where possible and support the more junior members of the Development team to achieve this goal.
- Meet deadlines set and communicate any issues in a timely way, with proposed solutions, should they arise.
- Anticipate and proactively manage risks throughout the project and flag as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, complex user journeys, concepts and creative ideas, demonstrating the rationale and consideration.
- Develop and deliver the strategy for inherited / legacy code bases and the support required.
- Write clean, healthily structured, and well documented code, which is fully tested and error-free, and ensure the Development team adhere to these standards.
- Build future-proof reusable core code libraries and ensure these are maintained correctly to drive efficiencies in the team.
- Design and build applications with integrity, scalability and with data access layers that are optimised for performance and security.
- Take control of critical support issues, providing advice and support, putting into place the correct escalation and process to manage and resolve issues as soon as possible.
- Lead and oversee the production of all technical quotes, analysis, specifications to ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Oversee the technical strategy and implementation of internal development stream activities, ensuring they meet the high standards required for client work.
- Stay up to date with, and share knowledge of data protection, and security threats and issues, ensuring risks are mitigated in the context of known industry standards.
- Implement and monitor ongoing strategies to enable the delivery of quality and excellence, through robust testing education and policies that are balanced and appropriate to the scope of project being delivered.
- Identify opportunities to enhance clients’ digital strategies and present ideas to decision makers.
What experience you’ll need to apply:
- A proven track record of successfully developing websites and applications.
- Strong experience developing in C# with .NET (Core) and/or .NET Framework.
- Knowledge of developing for a CMS, specifically Umbraco.
- If Umbraco, knowledge of extending the back office, creating custom data types etc.
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Knowledge of creating an API
- Knowledge of setting up a server to host a .NET application.
- Experience deploying a .NET web application (IIS, CI/CD, Azure, AWS, Octopus Deploy etc.)
- Experience working/integrating with databases, specifically SQL
- Some experience in writing tests for your code
- Good knowledge of HTML development, especially understanding the need for semantically accurate markup
- A working knowledge of version control systems, specifically Git (Bitbucket and GitHub)
- Knowledge of project management tools, specifically G Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.) and JIRA
- Knowledge and experience of website standards, specifically accessibility and SEO.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
They are offering a salary of up to £45K for this role combined with a benefits package that includes:
- Flexible hours.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and extra days off for Christmas.
- Enhanced Mat/Pat Pay.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Loan Scheme.
- Life arruance.
- Annual pay reviews and much more.
Keen to hear more? Apply with your CV or get in touch with Gareth to find out more