Work closely with the Head of Sales and C-Suite, working to scale the go-to-market strategy.
Diverse role with numerous opportunities for professional career development.
Work on a World-leading solution to the biodiversity crisis.
This is your opportunity to join a nature intelligence start-up who are helping companies incorporate nature into each step of their business decision-making. As regulatory expectations extend beyond net zero, this start-up is at the forefront of technological advancements that account for more than just carbon. You will be further growing the existing portfolio of client companies and working with everyone from household names through to start-ups. As one of the first commercial hires, you will be working closely with the Head of Sales to scale the global to-to-market strategy.
The team integrate world-leading geospatial modelling with asset data, allowing them to show their clients how their supply chain interacts with nature. All findings are grounded in robust science, with the tech and science teams working closely together to build decision-useful models and metrics to be deployed at scale via an in-house nature platform.
What you’ll be doing:
In your role as Enterprise Account Executive, you will:
- Own the full lifecycle of sales, from identifying customer profiles and first outbound contact through to contract signature. You will also manage inbound queries, ensuring initial interest converts. You will be speaking to clients via video/phone call, or visiting them where appropriate.
- Educate clients on nature and biodiversity, making it clear what the value add is of working with you.
- Oversee sales execution, including writing commercial proposals, and leading contract negotiations to drive revenue growth.
- Develop and monitor KPIs to measure the success of business development efforts, providing regular updates to the Head of Sales.
- Manage lead generation and sales development technology, maintaining sales data in the CRM and other additional software programs as required.
- Develop the sales playbook; what is working/not working, which tools do you need, how can you branch out further through a sector using case studies etc. Ultimately, you will produce a repeatable successful model.
- Identify new sectors and markets to explore, particularly across Europe. You will identify and communicate customer requirements to identify value in an early market, communicating this back to the internal science and engineering team to ensure product development is aligned to customer needs.
- Become an expert in the nature intelligence sector, educating companies on how they can navigate emerging standards and frameworks such as TNFD and CSRD. You will be working on flagship projects with early adopters.
- Establish and nurture strategic partnerships with professional service firms, NGOs, and government agencies, with the aim of driving business expansion. This will also allow you to stay up to date with policy changes and updates.
- Keep yourself up to date with advancements in the sector, including the analysis of competitors.
- Go to networking events and conferences as required. You will also coordinate event participation, representing the company and enhancing the brand at all times.
What experience you’ll need to apply:
This role will be perfect for you if you have:
- Proven experience in Enterprise sales, ideally within sustainability and/or SaaS.
- A track record of helping to create, define, and operationalise go-to-market strategies.
- Winning and delivering contracts in the B2B space, preferably in the startup market.
- Experience in managing client relationships with senior executives at global multinationals and/or financial institutions. You will have a track record of delivering sales results and working on partnerships.
- Previous exposure to clients within any of the following: sustainability, nature, biodiversity, agriculture, agri-tech, or scientific R&D companies.
It would be desirable for candidates to have the following experience:
- Experience in signing and building partnerships with global professional services and technology companies.
- An established portfolio of contacts within corporates, particularly those within food and beverage, agriculture, retail, fashion and/or financial services.
- An established European network e.g. – Ireland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, etc.
- Have proficiency in another European language, such as French, German, Dutch, Spanish etc.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
In addition to a base salary of £45,000-£75,000 (DOE) and uncapped comission, you will also receive:
- 38 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Equity package.
- Statutory pension.
- Monthly away days at an offsite location.
- £500 fund for personal learning and development.
- Numerous opportunities to upskill, with the ability to work with teams so that you get hands-on experience in other sectors.
This is a full-time PERM position (40-hour week) and is based ideally in London, with a hybrid working split (requirement of 3 days a week in-office). However, more remote working will be considered for the right candidate. Please note the company have a compulsory day a month in-person for team building activities and essential meetings.
Core hours are 9:00am-6:00pm though there is flexibility on this, with a relaxed company culture focused on delivering results. The client cannot offer VISA sponsorship at this time. The client is looking for candidates to start as soon as possible, though are willing to wait for the right person.
If you would like to work as an Enterprise Account Executive for an exciting nature-focused start-up, please apply for the position or get in touch with Imogen Turner (email@example.com) for more information.
The client is an equal opportunity employer who are committed to providing a working environment that embraces inclusion, diversity and belonging. If you believe you would add value but don’t meet all the criteria, please reach out with any questions.