Unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambition to reverse climate change.
Brand new position focused on strategy, sales, and client relationships within the carbon certificate/credit space.
Immerse yourself into the Soil Carbon sector, a new and exciting growth market.
I am working with an exceptional purpose-driven organisation who are on a mission to drive climate impact for corporates and farmers. Rooted in agriculture, the client has a team of experts ranging from finance through to soil carbon, software developers, marketing strategists and policy experts. The diverse and international team provide solutions that help farming be both environmentally and financially sustainable.
The team are now looking for a Senior Sales Manager (Carbon Certificates) to help grow the Certificate Sales team. This will be in collaboration with the newly established Carbon Markets and Solution Sales Department. You will be responsible for building relationships and distribution channels to counterparts such as brokerage firms, corporates, and financial institutions, and medium to large corporates. In this brand-new role, you will share your insight to inform team strategy, contributing to the creation of a high-impact team and distribution model.
What you’ll be doing:
Primary duties include:
- Building coverage approach:
- Identify and know current clients and prospective clients. You will listen to client feedback, aiming to deeply understand their challenges and pain points. You will also identify and prioritise client segments and specific clients to target.
- Building relationships and distribution channels to counterparts. This will include brokerage firms, corporates, and financial institutions.
- Lead client coverage. You will manage relationships and secure continued sales for the Carbon Credit division.
- Be a brand ambassador. You will always represent the mission, communicating the story to stakeholders with passion and authenticity.
- Revenue growth:
- Own the sales plan. You will create sales forecasts and related targets. You will use your background and experience to inform the teams strategy and contribute to plans for infiltrating new markets.
- Develop prospects. You will identify ‘white space’ for the sales team. You will prioritise the opportunities in-line with resource availability. You will execute strategies geared towards to new clients.
- You will engage as a Senior role model in the team. You will take ownership for institutional sales and help onboard new team members.
- Build capabilities. You will help coach your team, helping them develop their product knowledge and sales capabilities. You will deliver structured and day-to-day feedback.
- Lead by example. You will foster a positive and results-oriented culture.
What experience you’ll need to apply?
The ideal candidate will be experienced in institutional coverage. You will have an entrepreneurial nature and a passion for building and managing client relationships, strategic partnerships and sales.
It is important that candidates are comfortable with navigating ambiguity and the demands that naturally arise from rapid growth.
This role will be a perfect fit for you if you have:
- A sales background in the Carbon Market, Agriculture, Alternative Energy, Commodity Trading, Media and Sponsorship, or Finance industry, with a proven ability to create and maintain relationships.
- Knowledge building experience from working with Global Markets or Asset Management products, such as OTC Derivatives, Exchange Traded Derivatives, Cash Equity, Funds, Energy Trading or Commodities.
- A ‘Learner’s Mindset’, being curious about the needs of buyers and open-minded about the solutions that buyers may request or require.
- The ability to be creative and adaptive. You will offer new packages based on underlying assets and adapt based on market traction and feedback.
- An analytics-first approach to sales, minimising operational risks and using data to inform your actions.
- The ability to confidently navigate uncertainty and embrace the challenges inherent during rapid growth. You will be keen to understand the nuances and distinctions between overlapping concepts, such as removals vs reduction, or insets vs offsets etc. Your sales frameworks will reflect your ability to understand and navigate complex and emerging markets.
- A big picture mindset, being able to build strong relationships with external strategic partners, keeping credit producers needs in mind whilst also meeting the needs of buyers.
- A process-driven mindset. You will enjoy building sales infrastructure and processes from scratch, understanding the steps and building blocks of offers and sales channels as they develop over time.
- The ability to travel locally and internationally when required.
Reach out if you have any questions regarding the role requirements, as there is some flexibility.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
This is a full-time PERM role and can be hybrid with the Copenhagen or London office (2-days a week). There will be regular travel to other offices, alongside trips to Central Europe and the US for Sales Events and Road Shows.
The role includes a highly competitive base salary (dependent on experience), generous package including pension and holidays, flexible working, team events throughout the year, and a unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambitious mission to reverse climate change. The client is looking for candidates to start as soon as possible and are able to offer VISA Sponsorship.
If you would like to work as the Senior Sales Manager (Carbon Certificates) for a world-leading and highly exciting regenerative agriculture company, please apply for the position or get in touch with Imogen Turner (email@example.com) for more information.