You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Own Creative & Strategy For Premium Brand
- Lead the creative and strategic execution for a diverse product range.
- Manage a multidisciplinary design team as part of an ambitious and driven business
- Competitive salary and package on offer, pension and life insurance and phone
This is the opportunity for a commercially driven creative to join a premium design studio in Bath. Sat amongst the management team of the head office the Creative Director will own the creative output for the brand, manage a multidisciplinary creative team and drive the product offering forward in a competitive marketplace.
What youll be doing
The business owns a number of in-house brands with product ranges including premium greetings cards, giftware and packaging. Their clients include some of the biggest names in retail as well as a number of charity organisations and a thriving export business.
The Head of Design will focus on a few key areas for the business including conceptual creative, people management and product and commercial strategy. This role will report into the managing director.
Heading up a design team of 12 you will provide creative concepts and support the execution of over 4,500 new product launches per year. This role will require someone with a deep understanding of the greetings card industry as youll be expected to deliver ideas that are relevant, current, targeted, commercially successful and cost effective. Youll carefully consider the captioning of new greetings cards, pattern and design trends in the wider industry and how to push creative whilst maintaining the high volume of output and high quality standards needed.
As an effective leader you will line manage a mixture of skillsets and personality types ensuring that good ideas are briefed in detail, executed with integrity and designed with precision. Youll work closely with an experienced artwork team ensuring finished products are technically sound and of the highest quality.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the creative output for an established brand and work with some of the biggest names in retail. As a designer youll be motivated by keeping creativity fresh, owning product strategy and delivering 1000s of high quality products to shelves up and down the country.
What experience youll need to apply
- Degree qualified in graphic design or a related field.
- Be a truly experienced design leader, conceptual and strategic in your work.
- A deep understanding of design, brand, merchandising and marketing.
- A background within the greetings card or, failing that, the giftware market.
- Experience of working with FMCG and a high volume of product SKUs.
- Proven track record in leadership and line management of creative individuals.
- Previous experience of managing budgets and understanding P&L accountability.
- Data driven in your approach to product strategy and market analysis.
What youll get in return for your experience
This is the chance to join a business well known in its sector, youll have ownership and autonomy to develop their offering and be given all the tools needed to succeed. The culture is collaborative, friendly and youll enjoy modern offices with a relaxed dress code. On offer is a competitive salary, pension scheme, life assurance and a host of other great benefits.
Please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio of work to be considered. A covering note on why you're well suited for the position will also be beneficial.