Head of Project Management
— Innovative Digital Learning
- Lead the team delivering innovative digital learning solutions to the world's leading brands.
- Brand new role leading the project management function for the business.
- High-growth and successful business.
The UK's leading digital learning business is opening its doors to three bright, fast-paced and sparky senior digital project managers to join the team and ensure the successful delivery of leading digital learning solutions to internationally recognised brands.
What you'll be doing
Reporting directly in the the VP of Operations, you'll have end to end ownership of the project management function for the business. This will predominantly filter in to two main camps - people and process. So you will be part left brain part right brain. With your left brain you will be all over the performance metrics, ensuring that the proper processes are in place to not only deliver seamlessly for clients today but to ensure that these processes are scalable enough to stand up to rapid growth. You will take ownership of and report back to the wider business on financial and productivity metrics and spot opportunities to optimise the team's delivery. With your right brain you will be an innate people person. You'll be managing an overall team of up to 20 people, with up to 10 direct reports. You will ensure that the team is supported, has personal development plans in place and will ensure that there remains a high performance culture in the team as it scales. As head of the project management function, you will have overall responsibility for the successful, timely and in budget delivery of the portfolio of projects that the team delivers - but your core focus will be managerial and strategic, as opposed to hands-on in the day to day of project delivery. Your team's projects will typically be around £80k - £100k pieces of work, but these commonly get up to £250k+ from a budget perspective, with a typical delivery timeline running around anywhere from 2 - 6 months.
What experience you'll need
- The biggest thing here is that you are a seasoned leader with a track record of people management within a digital project environment.
- You'll have a long track record of success in delivering digital projects and will have since moved in to a managerial role.
- Ideally you'll have experience of managing comparable size teams (up to 20).
- Ideally, but not necessarily, you'll have exposure to digital learning / eLearning.
- You will have exposure to emerging digital technologies like VR/AR, 360° video and more.
- You're at once a people person with exceptional communication skills at all levels, as well as a numbers, metrics and analytics-driven mind.
- You'll have had experience in owning overall responsibility for project delivery processes.
What you'll get in return for your talents
We're looking at market rate on your experience in terms of salary on top of a fantastic company culture, great benefits and the chance to work on leading emerging technologies. The company is headquartered in Plymouth, so that would be the ideal location for you to be based - but the project management function is split across Plymouth, Bristol and London, so you could be Bristol based with frequent travel to the other sites.
This is looking to move as quickly as possible. Please get in touch with Gabby with a CV today to talk through the full details in confidence.Back to jobs