You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Head of Development
— Scaling Digital Business
- Brand new role to own the strategic direction of this company's approach to technology.
- Launch brand new products which will transform the business.
- Manage, nurture and grow a high-performing and passionate development team.
This will be a really interesting next challenge for a seasoned Head of Development / Development Director / Tech Lead joining an ambitious business at an exciting time of growth and change.
What you'll be doing
Simply put, you'll be responsible for taking the business from where they are to where they are aiming to be from a technology perspective. This will see you inheriting a team of developers that you will manage, nurture, develop and grow. You'll be the conduit and translator between the development team and the board - translating commercial goals in to development objectives, owning realistic delivery timeline forecasts and ensuring that technical output, code and processes are all in accordance with industry best practice. You'll ensure that the business are on the right strategic track from a technology perspective, that they're building a team with the right skills and that they'll ensuring their products will be futureproof and market leading.
What experience you'll need
- You have a strong track record in leading technical teams of developers, and delivering forward thinking digital products, platforms and services.
- You are a skilled go-between, conduit, translator between senior commercial stakeholders (Board / C-level) and development teams.
- You're passionate about delivering best-in-class tech and know what good looks like technology wise.
- You are used to working in an Agile and fast-changing environment.
- Ideally you will have experience built up agency side and inhouse / client-side.
- There is a varied tech stack here. Primarily it's a MEAN and LAMP stack - but we have PHP, Wordpress, Magento, Java, Android, Swift, iOS, Mongo, Angular, Node and more - so exposure to a variety of tech will see you in good stead. Although there may be a slight aversion to the Microsoft stack.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Salary wise, as this is a new role for the business, we are looking to be slightly lead by the market. We are most likely looking around the £65k mark, but if you are coming in above or below that benchmark and are the right person for the business we would like to have the conversation still.
Please get in touch with Gabby with a CV for a conversation around the small print and to get the wheels in motion.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: