Head of Online Trading
— Rapidly-growing Online Retailer
- Thriving eCommerce retailer in a booming sector.
- Senior role within a high-performing Digital Team.
- Part-office / Part-remote setup.
As the Head of Online Trading for an established eCommerce retailer, you will play a pivotal role working alongside senior leaders to deliver ambitions for large-scale growth, optimising all aspects of online trading and delivering against bold sales targets.
You’ll manage an end-to-end team covering the whole product life cycle from identification and sourcing, merchandising, selling and optimising margins. You will also be responsible for making key decisions on range and products and responding to market trends and customer needs.
What you’ll be doing
The main purpose of this role is to drive all aspects of online trading for the main company website, alongside other affiliated eCommerce sites, through the creation and execution of a robust and aspirational trading plan.
You will be responsible for the continuing development of an agile and high-energy trading function, creating processes, defining roles, and inspiring your team to meet ambitious sales and profit targets across multiple brands.
In addition, you’ll maintain operational oversight of Procurement and Pricing, Merchandising and Marketplaces whilst consistently working towards strategic goals. (You will have support from specialists in these areas to deliver these strategies hands-on.)
Finally, you’ll need to have significant eCommerce experience, be an empowering leader and have a highly analytical mind-set. What you’ll get in return is the opportunity to make a huge impact on the brand’s digital presence as it expands its presence across Europe.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Significant experience within eCommerce Trading / Merchandising and managing a team within a fast-paced retail business.
- Experience working with multiple suppliers and supporting with buying and sourcing products.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using web analytics.
- An understanding of digital marketing channels and how they tie into online trading strategy.
- A deep appreciation of the online customer and their behaviours and how to leverage these to maximise conversions.
- You’ll be commercially minded, practical and demonstrate good judgement; you’ll have great examples of when you’ve spotted and executed on opportunities for growth and profitability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, you are able to communicate and present information and ideas and effectively influence to ensure you have impact.
- You need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic, as well as a collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility.
- Proactive, self-starting attitude.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
A salary of £70-75k dependent upon experience, alongside the chance to be part of an established business with huge growth plans.
Please send your CV to Rina to be considered and receive more details.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— eCommerce AgencyLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:Up to £50k
— Senior Performance Marketing ManagerLocation:LondonSalary:£60k
— Purpose-driven, eCommerce BusinessLocation:Chepstow / RemoteSalary:Circa £35k