Junior Hybrid Tech PM / BA
— Digital Transformation Consultancy
- Brand new role in growing tech team for product team of transformation consultancy.
- Great opportunity to take the role where you'd like in the future.
- Chance to move in to Technical Project Management or Business Analysis.
This is a great chance to move in to technical project management or business analysis in a software product development environment and take your career to the next level.
What you'll be doing
Joining a brand new office for this high-growth technology and transformation consultancy, you'll be joining the team responsible for the evolution and delivery of their suite of software products. This is a new team, which is small and growing. For that reason, your role in the start will be very varied and hybrid. You'll be a two-strong team responsible for all non-Development responsibilities involved in the software development lifecycle. From capturing and gathering requirements from clients, through to translating these in to detailed technical specifications and turning these in to detailed JIRA tickets - essentially acting as project manager, prioritising and managing the activities of the development team as the features move through development. You two will be responsible for everything from writing technical specifications for new features, bug reports, planning releases, managing the releases through the testing process and keeping everyone updated and engaged throughout. In the short term, the lion's share of your time will be focused around technical specifications and management of JIRA.
What experience you'll need
- We're looking to be as flexible as possible here - so this represents a great opportunity for someone looking to move in to Technical Project Management or looking to become a Tech BA.
- Minimum requirements would be a technically minded person who is passionate about software & digital and you can demonstrate an ability to wrap your head around the software products quickly.
- At the more senior end of the spectrum, you might have a year or two's experience built up in a software development environment and have built up experience writing detailed technical specifications.
- Experience managing JIRA tickets would be fantastic.
- Experience of a BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) environment would be the icing on the cake.
- You'll be an exceptional communicator - in writing and in person - able to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues alike.
- It goes without saying, given the project management nature of this role, that you are extremely organised.
What you'll get in return for your talents
You'll be joining a high-growth team at an early stage and will have the chance to take your career in multiple directions with this role as it grows. On top of that, the salary available is £25k - £32k and there is a generous set of benefits on top including a wellbeing cash plan, a drinks fridge, contributory pension, 25 days' holiday and a flexi-benefits policy in the pipeline.
Please get in touch with Gabby with a CV today to run through the full detail.Back to jobs