You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Senior Product Manager (NLP / Text Analysis)
— Growing SaaS Scale-up
- Brand new role to lead Product for growing machine learning scale-up.
- Work directly with founding team to enhance existing products and bring new ones to market.
- Know that the tech and products you're delivering will have an important impact globally.
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious company at an exciting time of growth as their first dedicated senior product hire.
What you'll be doing
Working directly with the founder and leadership team, you'll be translating commercial objectives and business goals in to a well maintained strategic product roadmap and then collaborating with the tech function to execute against that. The business has two core products, both delivered as cloud-hosted SaaS products which largely service the intelligence and defence space. The business has developed proprietary natural language processing and text analysis technology which enables its client base to process enormous volumes of text, analyse this, spot patterns and trends, deploy predictive analytics to identify risks or opportunities and ultimately deliver their service more effectively. You'll be owning the performance and future direction of these products. This is an end to end product lead role which will encompass product discovery and strategy work , Agile delivery and team leadership (building and managing). As this is a small (and fast-growing) team, this is very much a hands on role - you'll be producing and prioritising user stories, acceptance criteria, sprint planning and running the Agile rituals as you'd expect in a Product Ownership role.
What experience you'll need
- Ultimately, we are looking for a very strong Product Manager or Senior Product Manager with experience of delivering SaaS and technical software products.
- Given the nature of their technology, if you have experience in NLP, machine learning, AI, text analysis or data science that would stand you in very good stead - or a heavily API based product.
- You will have the credibility and track record to engage with the business leaders at a strategic level - challenging on decisions where needed - as well as the technical credibility to work effectively with the technology team.
- You'll have a strong track record of having autonomous product management roles in which you have had overall responsibility for decision making on your product.
- You'll have a solid grounding in both Agile and Lean methodologies and experience built up in a start-up or high-growth environment.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Salary wise, we are most likely coming in around £50k - £70k here, depending on what you bring to the table. We're looking to be flexible to a degree, so please be in touch to discuss if you're outside of this banding but confident you can demonstrate the investment is worth making. On top of this, you'll be working in a high-growth and early stage company who has an annual staff stock option scheme which you would be eligible for and could represent significant value.
Please get in touch with Gabby now with a CV to run through the full details.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: