Product Manager, Business Transformation
— Recognisable Brand
- Brand new role in the Digital Transformation function of a growing and successful organisation.
- Join the business at an exciting time following significant investment.
- Play a key role in driving innovation and change across the business.
This is a great time to be joining this team as they continue on their digital transformation journey.
What you'll be doing
You'll be one of two product people owning the 5 streams of the digital transformation programme alongside a team of 8 business analysts. The change and transformation that you will be delivering will span beyond pure 'digital' - you could be working on replatforming core infrastructure systems, you may be transitioning legacy systems to cloud, you may be integrating telephony systems with the new customer facing digital product or even the technology implications behind an office move. Each stream's backlog will have anywhere between 50 to 70 items, which would be under your ownership as they move through delivery. The team has been working in Agile for the last 5 years now, and you'll be managing all the Agile rituals that you would expect for a Product Owner - sprint planning, running stand-ups and retrospectives, producing user stories, epics and prioritising the roadmap.
Given the nature of the programme and organisation, you will be an exceptionally strong communicator and will spend a decent amount of time managing internal stakeholders, communicating and evangelising on Agile working and bringing everyone on to the same hymn sheet.
What experience you'll need
- Given that the nature of the role, it's vital that you have picked up experience working on large scale change & transformation led programmes - whether you were called a Product Owner or a Project Manager.
- If you have picked up exposure to large scale infrastructure change as well as digital transformation, that would be perfect.
- Financial Services experience would be a juicy bonus, or a similar environment.
- This is not a purist 'digital' or 'software' product role (although, naturally, that will be a big part) - so you will need exposure to a breadth of projects and programmes.
- It might be that you're a Product Manager with strong project management skills - or vice versa.
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to influence change and manage stakeholders effectively.
- An understanding of the digital transformation journey that the business is on, and the ability to define this role further to guide them along the way.
What you'll get in return for your talents?
The salary on offer is likely in the £50k - £60k range, but as this is a new role for the business there could be flexibility there. On top of this there is a strong set of benefits as well as the chance to play a key role in an exciting digital change programme.
Please get in touch with Gabby with a CV today to run through the full details.Back to jobs