You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
CFO (part time)
— High-Growth Technology Start-Up
- Key, strategic hire for one of Bristol's most exciting technology start-ups.
- Joining at a key stage of growth fuelled by international expansion.
- Architect and implement the financial strategy that will enable aggressive growth plans.
This is a hugely exciting, and rare opportunity to join a sky's-the-limit start-up as they build on a massively successful 2017.
What you'll be doing
Reporting directly in to the CEO and working closely with the investor teams, you'll be responsible for architecting and laying the foundations of the organisation's financial strategy. You'll have the support of a Finance Manager and Book Keeper for day-to-day financial management and you'll be taking a lead on the bigger picture financial planning, analysis and strategy as they evolve and mature as an organisation. The company will be going for a significant Series B funding round over the course of 2018 and you'll be the 'finance authority' from an investors' perspective and will be responsible for the preparation of all supporting documents associated with this process. You'll be working across the business departments to forecast and manage cash flow, working with the COO to set up inventory management systems and to design the most efficient financial strategies to support international expansion as well as handling all domestic tax related work. In short, you'll own end to end bigger picture financial activity for a hugely high-growth technology and gaming company.
What experience you'll need
- The big thing here is having owned the financial strategy for a Series A start-up who has gone through significant growth including international expansion - ideally in a technology, gaming or software/hardware hybrid environment.
- You'll be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA), with at least 5 years in a high-growth, B2C environment.
- Excellent financial analysis and modelling skills.
- Experience of finance within a retail environment - ie inventory and stock management, import / export and associated taxation experience.
- Experience of having taken a start-up through Series A and Series B funding.
What you'll get in return for your experience
This is a globally significant, innovative and unique advanced technology company with an enormous future ahead - you'll be coming in as an executive member of the senior management team and will be instrumental to them maturing as an organisation. As there is a (very) specific skillset and background we are after, the package will be dependent on experience and will reflect the market.
Please get in touch with Gabby with a CV today for a confidential conversation around the finer details.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: