Head of Product
— Global Tech Brand (B2C)
Salary: £DOE (Senior)
- Rare opportunity to join new UK office of internationally successful B2C digital product business.
- Have the accountability to solve problems through innovation and first principle thinking.
- Start-up environment with backing of hugely succesful company history.
This is a unique position for a senior digital product leader to join the growing Bristol office of a highly respected, international technology brand. Through innovation, this mobile and app-focused business connects people from all over the world and anchors its values in community and wellbeing. With a new office based in the heart of Bristol, they are looking for someone to bridge the gap between creative / UX, tech and commercial and to lead the product direction for the business in international markets.
What you'll be doing
Joining the newly formed UK headquarters, you'll be the among the first in from a product perspective. Collaborating closely with Technoloyg, Data Science and Product Ddesign teams, you'll be responsible for designing and delivering innovative and unique digital products from conception through to delivery. This is a true global leader in its field and you will be expecting to be bringing genuinely innovative thinking to your approach to perfecting the product and solving user problems. This is all about innovation and owning the product direction of a large-scale digital consumer product.
You'll be able to think big and small effectively - deconstructing the product offering in to standalone components of user goals, commercial opportunities, technology possibilities, current challenges, market trends and using a data-driven and logic-led strategy to inform the direction you take. In the short term, although we're looking at senior leaders, you'll need to be comfortable working in (very) small teams, to short turnaround times and a fast pace of delivery - 'think small, test fast, fail early, adapt' and change sort of mentality.
As the operation locally grows, you'll be building the team around you and will have the leadership capabilities to inspire excellence in other, to delegate and to scale effectively.
What experience you'll need
- Strong level of owning large-scale B2C digital products (ideally mobile products).
- A track record of taking a strategic approach to driving innovtion in digital.
- Passionate and driven, you'll be able to get behind the mission-statement of the business and you'll be evangelical in your belief in what an innovative use of technology can achieve - you'll be a insatiable thinker who cares about deconstructing problems.
- There will be 10x growth targets on your head from a user engagement perspective, so previous exposure to high-growth or viral consumer apps, with a high level of engagement (gamification, advocacy schemes, conceiving product 'hooks'.
- Experience in an environment where you are fully accountable for approaching, deconstructing and solving large scale problems with first principle thinking.
What you'll get in return for your talents
You’ll have the opportunity to lead the product functionality for an internationally acclaimed brand, but with the freedom to define process and grow a team your way. You’ll have the support from a diverse and highly skilled team, with key members of the business joining Bristol to drive its success. This is a crucial role so remuneration is depending entirely on experience, we’ll consider people from a variety of backgrounds and salary requirements. Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you think you’re right for the role.
We are looking for industry leading thinkers, wherever you may currently be living. So to help you move your life to Bristol (repeatedly lauded as best place to live in the UK), we are able to offer both relocation packages as well as sponsor for visas.
Please get in touch with Gabby with an up to date CV today. Don't hesitate to call / email to discuss the finer details.Back to jobs