Senior Agile Delivery Manager (12m FT Contract)
— Property Management Organisation
- Senior role in an innovative and transformation-led environment.
- Overall responsibility for the development, release, maintenance and support of large scale front-end applications.
- Strategic input in to the direction of the business from a digital technology perspective.
This is a fantastic maternity cover opportunity for a technically minded Agile delivery manager to lead the team responsible for the development, maintenance and support of high performing, market leading digital platforms.
What you'll be doing
Reporting in to the IT Director, and with indirect responsibility. through line-management of 4, for a team of 20 comprised of Developers, Testers, QA, a Digital Project Managers and Agile BAs, you'll have overall responsibility for the development, delivery, maintenance and support of the external facing digital platforms. These will comprise of multiple large scale websites, mobile apps, customer and employee facing systems and tools. You will ensure that all approved projects have a suitable level of resource assigned to them, that they're delivered on time, to agreed quality levels and that they have the necessary resilience to not fall over under pressure. You'll ensure that projects are aligned with the overarching business strategy as it relates to the IT roadmap and will ensure bigger picture business goals are translated in to project objectives within your team. You will also own the relationship with a 3rd party managed service in support of these platforms. For both the 3rd party and team management, it'll be important that your level of technical understanding is strong enough to prove a solid go-between for technology and the business.
What experience you'll need
- You'll have a hands-on technical background, but will have risen through the ranks to Project Director / Head of Delivery / Senior Delivery Manager in an Agile environment where you've had responsibility for the implementation of large scale digital and technology projects.
- Strong skills in team management as well as 3rd party management.
- Good understanding and exposure across all functions involved in delivering, maintaining and supporting digital applications - namely Development, Testing, QA, Support and Project Management.
- Strong experience built up in an Agile environment is important, with exposure to Scrum and Kanban.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes covering problem escalation, change and release management.
- As well as technically minded, you'll be a strong relationship builder with an ability to manage stakeholders of all levels internally and externally.
- Very strong organisation skills with the ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
What you'll get in return for your talents
A salary of up to £65k is on offer and as this is a 12 month fixed term contract, you'll also have access to the breadth of market leading benefits that the organisation offers its workforce. There is a huge amount of digital transformation and a wide-spread commitment to innovation, so there could well be additional opportunity following the initial engagement.
We're working to a pretty tight turnaround here, so please get in touch with Gabby with a CV as soon as possible to get the ball rolling.Back to jobs