You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Software Project Delivery Manager
— Growing Software House
- Sizeable project delivery role in top Bristol software house.
- High-growth and successful environment.
- Innovate products and international client base.
One of the best software houses to work for in Bristol is looking for technical project manager to join as Project Delivery Manager to own the successful delivery of software projects. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an engaging and collaborative environment, working with a wide range of international clients across varied industries.
What you'll be doing
Reporting directly in to the Operations Director and leading and mentoring a small project management team, you'll have overall responsibility for the successful delivery of full lifecycle software projects to an international client base. You'll be ensuring projects remain on time, on budget and that all stakeholders - internal and external - know where they're at and what's expected of them each step of the way. This will see you collaborating with dev teams, client services teams, support delivery teams and external senior stakeholders from within your customers - so you'll be at once technically minded as well as an expert communicator at all levels. You'll be client facing and will be responsible for collaborating with the commercial teams as well to spot additional opportunities. You'll have a junior project manager under your wing as well, so an ability to mentor, develop, train and recruit teams will be important.
What experience you'll need
- The big thing here is having plenty of experience managing £250k+ value software projects in an Agile environment.
- This is a technical software environment who value 'non-technical' staff having a strong grasp on technology and ability to truly understand the solutions they're delivering - so strong technical knowledge.
- The pragmatism to know how best adapt Agile methodologies where necessary to deliver in the constrains of a busy, high-growth environment.
- Team leadership, or at least the mentoring and training of more junior project managers will be important.
- Strong client handling and communication skills.
- Commercial acumen when it comes to project costing, educating clients on the business impact of digital transformation products and spotting commercial opportunity.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Salary wise we're looking from £45k - £50k on experience, working in a development environment that promotes personal responsibility and autonomy for all staff. Everyone’s friendly and it’s an enjoyable workplace to be part of. You’ll get to work on a variety of projects with some really interesting clients and will be joining one of the most reputable software businesses in the region at an exciting time in their growth.
This is likely to turn around very quickly, please get in touch with Gabby with a CV as soon as possible to run through the small print.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: