Senior Software Project Manager
— Growing Data Company
- Join a growing company at a key stage of growth to establish their Project Management function.
- Work with an impressive list of high-end retail clients on complex software delivery projects.
- Key role in the business with progression to senior management team involved.
This is a brand new role in a high-growth data & technology organisation with grand plans.
What you'll be doing
You will be the organisation's first Project Management purist. You'll be tasked with the successful delivery of complex data-focused software projects (think enabling top-tier retailers to get an accurate Single Customer View, or supporting data migration projects, advancing their BI and Analytics capabilities by integrating 3rd party vendor ETL tools - this sort of thing). This will be end to end project management as well as customer facing - from initial requirements gathering and onboarding with new customers, working with Developers and technical colleagues to successfully implement and roll-out software, integrate databases and applications to provide clients with sophisticated analytics and reporting capabilities - all the while keeping everyone updated and smiling throughout. Not only this, but as the first PM in to the business - you'll be playing a leading role in how the company delivers projects, and will be building out the project management function around you, with a clear path to progress to Head of Project Management as the organisation grows. As this is a small, high-growth team - your role will be more hybrid and flexible to the weekly demands of the business, the role and your clients.
What experience you'll need
- The big thing here is that you're a seasoned Project Manager with exposure to large scale software integration and implementation projects.
- You'll have strong exposure to various 3rd party ETL tools (Talend, SnapLogic, Exasol, Snowflake, Looker for example) with a number of projects under your belt involving things like data warehouses, BI tools, API integrations, data migration.
- Excellent communication skills with experience of managing large client accounts will be important here.
- You'll either have experience of building and developing teams of more junior PMs, or will have the desire and capability to do so in future.
- Good level of technical know-how, with experience in SDLC processes (especially Agile).
- This is a high-growth and tight-knit team - so you'll be resilient to change and will embrace the flexibility of the start-up environment.
What you'll get in return for your talents.
The big thing here is the opportunity to develop this role and play a leadership role in the business moving forward. On top of that, we are able to stretch the salary to £60k for the right person (although really looking to be flexible - so if you're not at this level, please do still get in touch). There is a flexible and evolving set of benefits on top.
This is an urgent requirement that will turn around quickly. Please get in touch with Gabby with a CV today to run through the full details.Back to jobs