You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Lead UX Designer
— One of the most exciting projects in the South West
- Work to GDS Design Principles
- Enjoy a great benefits package including 33 days holiday (+bank holidays), a bonus and a pragmatic work from home policy
- Lead a team of great UX’ers
We’re helping an organisation in Swindon find a Lead UX Designer/Researcher to head up a team of two other UX’ers. As the Lead you’ll help shape the business’ approach to user experience design. The business has one of the best benefits packages around and you’ll be working within GDS guidelines so it’s a chance to play a key part in one of the most exciting projects in the South West.
What you’ll be doing
The current in-house and consultancy team have an MVP that’s just launched into public beta. Once you’ve joined you’ll identify any user problems that have arisen based on data from the beta launch and you’ll also be responsible for rolling out functionality outlined in the roadmap.
As a hands-on Lead, you’re going to be undertaking user research, stakeholder interviews and requirements gathering as part of a multidisciplinary team. You’re going to be leading a team that prototypes their ideas out for new features and then goes on to validate their thinking with real users.
It’s a complex, feature rich service so there’s a large amount of work to conceive, test and iterate on.
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll need extensive user experience design experience in a commercial setting
- You’ll have worked on projects that have followed a truly UCD approach
- You’ll have a breadth of experience across user research, running requirements gathering workshops, usability testing and interaction design skills
- Your stakeholder management skills will be top-notch
- As the team works to agile you’ll need an understanding of the methodology and see the benefit it brings to the UCD process.
- Whilst not a necessity, experience of working to GDS would be beneficial to your application
What you’ll get in return for your talents
If you’re successful here you’ll have the chance to work on one of the most exciting projects in the South West. You’ll be leading a talented team made up of some of the keenest minds in the UX scene and have 33 days holiday (+ bank holidays) as part of your package.
There’s a salary of up to £45k on offer here as part of a 2-year fixed term contract.
Please apply with an up to date CV and ideally a portfolio and I'll be in touch to talk through the details of the project.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: