— Progressive Online Business
- Work with a market-leading international retailer.
- Learn from an experienced Head of UX/Design.
- Collaborate with a sizeable development team.
Based in the scenic city of Bath this online retailer has been in business for over a decade. Their success is down to a real passion for their customers and a deep understanding of their behaviours and what makes them tick. Further expanding their Digital Design and UX team they are looking for an interaction designer to join them.
What you’ll be doing
As an Interaction Designer you will report directly into the Head of UX and work alongside a dedicated UX Researcher. You’ll collaborate with the in-house development team and work closely with product managers, strategists, analysts and other key stakeholders in the business.
This role is multi-disciplinary; you’ll produce UX deliverables including journey maps, user flows, wireframes and prototypes as well as creative concepts and high fidelity visual designs. Working closely with the analytics team will help you to understand how users are interacting with the brand online; you’ll split test designs and lean on them for specialist insights into user behaviour.
You’ll be joining the business at a time when they are seriously investing in creating a truly user centred design process across the business, you will have an opportunity to not only build great products but ultimately help shape the culture for UX with an exciting brand.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- A truly user centred design approach to your work.
- Strong visual design skills, comfortable with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Previous experience in interaction design including producing experience maps, user journeys, wireframes and prototypes.
- A portfolio of contemporary visual design work with related UX deliverables.
- Capability with modern UX tools (Sketch, Invision, marvel etc).
- Past experience of collaborating with developers in your role.
- Solid communicator with good stakeholder management skills.
- eCommerce experience preferable.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
In this role you’ll join a progressive business that treats its people well. Working alongside an experienced head of UX you’ll have some great support and be part of the digital transformation for an exciting brand. Salary is circa £40k in this fantastic role.
Please apply with an up to date CV and supporting portfolio. We’d like to see visual designs as well as rationale behind your work and any supporting UX deliverables (wireframes, prototypes, user journeys etc).Back to jobs