Web Optimisation Manager
— Sizeable Multi-Channel Retailer
- International, award-winning eCommerce team.
- Cutting-edge business tools.
- Excellent career progression aligned with personal goals.
This Multi-Channel retailer is a big eCommerce player in the South West, as highlighted by their regular presence in the Internet Retailing annual report. They are looking for a Web Optimisation Manager to maximise opportunities by creating a world-class onsite experience. Very exciting for a retailer of this calibre where you need to keep close to technological developments that can drive additional improvements, such as augmented reality, virtual reality, voice search and AI.
What you’ll be doing
While there is an established setup in Trading and Optimisation here (7-10 people), this is a relatively new role in the team where you’ll be required to bring the best out of the existing proposition, and identify new ways to optimise the eCommerce experience (whilst always relating this to the overall multi-channel experience).
You’ll have responsibility for all things Web Optimisation on eCommerce, including SEO, optimisation of the online customer experience (tied closely with Online Trading), voice search and consumer generated content. On the latter aspect, working with the external provider and highlighting the importance of this content will help drive customer engagement.
This is a highly strategic role, illustrated by the need to use analytical tools to report back to wider stakeholders across the business. You’ll then build these relationships cross functionally to deliver on the growth opportunities you have identified. These include Design, UX, IT and marketing, among others. Given the size of this outfit, it will important understand how changes affect additional business units, so open communication on this side is also a must.
As mentioned above, with the success on eCommerce, this is a role where keeping close to new technologies isn’t just spoken about – keeping close to cutting-edge tech such as AI, augmented & virtual reality and voice search is a must and new ideas will be implemented to stay ahead of the competition in this space.
What experience you’ll need
- Strong understanding of Online Trading in the eCommerce & Multi-Channel landscape.
- Excellent knowledge of onsite optimisation within trading, including SEO and consumer generated content.
- Proven ability to use Google Analytics to identify insights that will help drive growth, and able to present these effectively to a range of internal stakeholders.
- Works closely with others to build an effective internal network.
- Ability to organise and prioritise a large number of tasks and a strong attention to detail.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
There is a competitive salary on offer and a brilliant benefits package. Highlights include 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), generous pension scheme, life cover, childcare vouchers and save as you earn scheme. For those looking to move to the area, there is also a relocation package on offer on a case by case basis.
Drop Joe a note to hear about the role in more detail.Back to jobs