— Learn new skills (Node / React), disruptor start-up
- Join at potentially the most exciting time for the business, as they launch and begin to grow the team.
- Focus within the team to work with current tech, constantly evalutating and updating where appropriate.
- Amazing culture with a 'employee first' mentality.
A FinTech disruptor in central Bath is expanding their development team following a successful funding round, including this position for a Front-End Developer. They are currently 11 overall, including 3 developers, but expect that to grow quickly over the next few months. They are looking for ambitious and entrepreneurial people that are always excited at trying out new technologies and ideas. You’ll have the opportunity to grow professionally, including potentially growing your skills with various JS libraries. It’s an extremely exciting time to join the business as they prepare for initial product launch.
What skills you’ll need
- You’ll need commercial experience in developing UX for both client facing and back-end applications.
- Any commercial experience with JS libraries (Node or React ideally) would be highly beneficial. Any skills developed outside the workplace would also be great.
- Good understanding of accessibility.
- Any experience with Express or MongoDB would be a bonus.
What you’ll be doing?
You’ll be involved in the building and implementation of user interfaces across the product system, including UX for both client facing and back-end applications. You will be working on improving the current product, developing new features and more. It’s an Agile/Scrum environment and the team is highly collaborative, not only within development but across the business. They are interested in candidates that are interested in playing with new technologies and growing their own varied skill set.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Joining the business either pre-launch or immediately post-launch will be an extremely exciting opportunity. Their successful funding round, as well as another round later in the year, mean there are plenty of exciting plans in the pipe line as both the team and the company grows. There is an array of benefits to the role including mentoring & training, regular team lunches, flexi-time, equity, 25 days holiday, pension and more.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now or get in touch with George for more information.Back to jobs