— Sports start-up, PHP
- Amazing social environment with a great team.
- The chance to help build a team and develop their skills in a crucial role for the business.
- Ambitious company growth plans - it's a great time to join the journey!
An exciting Bristol based start-up is looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join the growing team at their new offices. Historically the team has worked remotely but now having their own space, they are looking to bring everything in-house. The team has already grown from one to four in the last few months and now they are looking for someone a bit more experienced to come in to help mentor the others and introduce new tech to the company. The two directors, whilst knowing the industry inside out, aren't techies so you'll be the main voice for the development team, whether it's changes to the tech stack or new best practice.
What experience you'll need
- They are looking for someone that can evaluate and suggest new tech. As you add new tech to your skillset they'll be keen for you to pass this on to others in the team; this could potentially include JS libraries (Angular, Node, Ember, etc.), Laravel/PHP MVC or others such as Python and Mobile tech as they consider them.
- You will have commercial experience with a strong portfolio to show.
- Whilst you won't need to have worked a lead role, an appetite for and any experience of mentoring or helping train juniors or helping new starters would be highly beneficial.
- You'll need to be able to show you can work to tight deadlines and strong written and oral communication skills will be key to the position.
- You'll need an interest in sports and/or betting to fit the business and the time but they will potentially consider a technically strong candidate without prior knowledge on either but an interest in learning.
What you'll be doing
You'll be joining the new in-house development team and will be helping to work across most projects and sites the team will be working on. The role will initially involve working on improving the existing WordPress-based websites but then will soon expand into developing new, sports themed websites. You'll be responsible for providing technical advice to the owners and helping discuss what the business should aim towards with regards to both new tech and best practice. The office is new and the team is currently small and your ideas on the use of new/emerging tech, process improvements and problem solving will be highly appreciated and encouraged. They work collaboratively as a team and it's important for them that all developers are keen to share their experiences and knowledge of new tech as well as helping to identify new best practices and even ideas for the social side of the business.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Ultimately the main draw of this role will be joining a new, exciting business at the perfect time to make a big impact. You'll be offered generous holiday allowance and salary (up to £30k) and the chance to develop your tech skills in a commercial environment. The offices themselves already have the essentials like a fully stocked beer fridge, flat screen TV with PS4 & FIFA, nice chill out space and there are always on-going discussions with what to do next. They have signed boots and shirts decorating the walls and like to keep things fun; the team themselves are extremely sociable and friendly. Its certainly not rare that you'll be treated to a meal out or a trip to a match or the races. Ultimately there's a lot of flexibility in whats to be offered with regards to tech, R&D time and the like and you'll be able to suggest what the development team should focus on in this respect as the company grows.
If this sounds like a role youd be interested in then please get in touch with Callum (01179260530) for immediate consideration.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Heavily-funded start-up.Location:CirencesterSalary:£30k-£60k
— Progressive, friendly companyLocation:BathSalary:£25K-£50K
— Rapid business growth & career progressionLocation:BristolSalary:£30K - £40K