Software Engineer (Node)
— Innovative, progressive, seriously talented
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with some seriously talented Node developers.
- Quality driven with innovative thinking, amazing clients and strong R&D.
- Fully remote for now, 2 days onsite in Glos and 3 remote once things calm.
Top digital product specialists are looking to take on a talented Node.js Developer to add to their 18 strong development team. This is a rare and very exciting opportunity to work for one of the South-West’s best and most innovative digital development businesses.
They need someone to work onsite with a client (2 days per week) in Gloucester as part of a small project team in addition to a few days remote working.
What skills you'll be needing
- Extensive software engineering experience in Node.
- Experience in Git. Experience of testing frameworks (Jest).
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures, integration patterns and RESTful web services.
- Experience of API integration.
- Experience of supporting and extending systems and code developed by teams other than your own.
- Experience creating high volume, complex applications using Internet technologies.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced commercial environment where products have to be delivered to fixed timescales.
- Experience working with operations teams to troubleshoot problems throughout the lifetime of an application.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be helping this ambitious innovator to deliver outstanding web and mobile apps within multi-disciplinary teams. You will encourage and drive best practise Test/BDD principles along with best practice software engineering standards. You'll be taking a lead role in the design and build of all backend components and working to best practice when it comes to software engineering. They will look to you to help them create amazing, complex and mission critical digital products for some of the world's most recognisable brands. Although not in a formal capacity, it would be great if you could share your knowledge and experience with junior developers. A key part of the role will be to take ownership of solutions, liaising with clients to simplify complex problems and processes and the creative thinking to turn ideas into reality.
What you'll get in return for your talents
This role is working for one of the most progressive technical businesses in the South West and you’ll be able to learn cutting edge tech with the freedom and autonomy to introduce the business to any you’ve evaluated yourself. With a large development team, you’ll feed off the buzz of creativity and innovation here. They’re relatively flexible on level of experience from midweight to lead as long as you have an ingrained passion for technology that extends to open source contribution, reading blogs, personal projects etc and some great examples to show them. Generous salary up to £65K DOE and holidays, gym membership, pension, electric car scheme, conferences/course access, regular socials and more await.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV for more info to Tareek asap.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— EdTech software specialistsLocation:BristolSalary:£20K-£25K
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + LondonType:Salary:Up to £425 p/day
— Brand-new scrum teamLocation:MalvernSalary:£30K - £45K