You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Head of Data Science (6 Month Contract)
— Exciting opportunity at a pioneering start-up.
- Tech for good start-up aiming to disrupt the market.
- Scope for flexible & remote working.
- Flat structure, tight-knit and driven team environment.
I’m helping an up-and-coming green technology start-up in Bath to find a Head of Data Science join their growing team. The company in question are reasonably new to the scene and are the UKs first app-only energy supplier, dealing exclusively with sustainable energy and aiming to disrupt the market moving forward.
What you’ll be doing
Liaising with the current Chief Data Scientist you’ll be tasked with breaking the ground on this company's next step in their Data Science roadmap. You’ll be working both hands-on and hands-off managing a team 3 Data Scientists looking into business functions like; customer journeys, retention, attribution and propensity models. You will also be involved with the coaching and mentoring of junior members of the team to ensure their workload is managed and expectations are met.
This is a varied role with the opportunity to get involved with a range of tasks and tools.
What experience you’ll need to apply
• Over 3 years’ experience working in a Data Science/Machine Learning role (preferably in an Agile environment)
• Experience managing and mentoring junior data scientists/analysts.
• A MSc or PhD in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science, STEM or Engineering etc.)
• Experience using Neural Networks and Deep Learning (using libraries like Keras, Tensorflow or PyTorch).
• Programming skills in Python or R preferably in a Cloud environment.
• Communication skills are key in this one as well as the ability to work well both in a team and alone.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
A generous salary you can expect a contributory pension scheme, season ticket travel loans, private medical insurance and a healthcare cash plan to name a few benefits. They also offer really good scope for flexible & remote working which is testament to their very relaxed and flat structure.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch with Adam with your updated CV and we’ll handle the rest.