Lead Test Engineer
— cutting edge tech start-up
- Newly formed test function integrated in to the DevOps team.
- Market leading products with global client base.
- Friendly & collaborative start-up culture.
A hugely successful tech start up in Bath has received some good investment following the global success of their cloud based solution and is growing out their team. They’re looking for an ambitious Lead Test Engineer to come in and take ownership of their test function and implement best test tools and practices.
What skills you’ll need
- Significant manual and automation testing experience.
- Ability to manage test plan execution across a team of testers or developers.
- Experience building test plans, selecting and operating appropriate testing and reporting tools.
- Experience of automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Enzyme, Selenium or Rundeck.
- A good working knowledge of Continuous Integration or DevOps practices is desirable.
- Exposure to Python or experience in Python testing environments would be a plus.
- Linux or networking would also be a bonus.
What you’ll be doing
This is a brand new role which will really allow you to take ownership of the company’s test function. Working within a newly formed DevOps Engineering team, you will work in a hands-on capacity leading the testing activity across the team, as well as executing and maintaining manual and automated tests yourself. You will own the test plans for the product by supporting and advising development teams on their acceptance testing and creating automated regression plans from these. You will be liaising with developers to select the appropriate test- and test case management tools, and will be responsible for deploying environments to the required specification for acceptance and regression testing. You will be expected to provide detailed test case and defect reporting which will inform release decisions. As well as being hands-on, you’ll be responsible for managing the wider test team, overseeing the development of manual and automated test cases and providing direction where necessary.
What you’ll get in return
On top of a generous salary of up to £70K, you’ll be part of a social and collaborative start-up culture with a business which has gone from strength to strength over the last few years and shows no signs of slowing down. You will have the opportunity to come in and really make this role your own while being supported by excellent training and personal development plans catered to you. You’ll be working in smart office in a central Bath location only a few minutes walk from the train station. Further, you will receive company shares, 25 days annual leave, company pension, life assurance and cycle to work scheme and more.
If you’d like to know more about this unique opportunity, email your CV to Ellen (01179 269 530) now!