Senior Purchasing Manager
— Diverse Product Range
- Lead the purchasing strategy for a diverse product range.
- Join an ambitious and driven business during an exciting period of growth.
- Manage a multidisciplinary purchasing team.
This is the opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join a premium printing organisation in Bath. Sat amongst the management team in their head office, the Senior Purchasing Manager will own the purchasing strategy for the brand, looking at commercials, stocks, forecasts and sales trends to ensure targets are achieved and align with the overall strategy.
What you'll be doing
The business owns a number of in-house brands with product ranges including premium greetings cards, giftware and packaging. Their clients include some of the biggest names in retail as well as a number of charity organisations and a thriving export business.
The Senior Purchasing Manager will focus on key areas for the business including managing the supplier base, driving purchasing processes and running a sales channel to ensure best value and delivery for the customer. You will take a lead role in negotiating terms and prices and be responsible for purchasing within the Far East. This role will require someone with an understanding of the printing industry as you'll be expected to work with the design team to deliver the right product for the customer; managing supply chain, stock control and supplier relationships to achieve this.
This is a great opportunity to drive the purchasing strategy for an established brand and work with some of the biggest names in retail. As Senior Purchasing Manager youll be motivated by driving and developing strong processes, making key decisions and striving for continuous improvement.
What experience you'll need to apply
- Be a truly experienced Purchasing Manager, with a track record of Far East purchasing.
- A background within the greetings card, giftware or printing market would be of advantage.
- Experience of working with FMCG and a high volume of product SKUs.
- Proven track record in leadership and line management.
- Previous experience of managing budgets and P&L accountability with excellent attention to detail.
- Confident in making end to end commercial decisions.
- Forward-thinking approach and the drive to develop strong processes.
- Strong communication, negotiation, relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
What you'll get in return for your experience
This is the chance to join a business well known in its sector, you'll have ownership and autonomy to develop their purchasing team and be given all the tools needed to succeed. The culture is collaborative, friendly and you'll enjoy modern offices with a relaxed dress code. On offer is a competitive salary, pension scheme, life assurance and a host of other great benefits.
We're looking to move quickly with this one so please apply with an up to date CV, or contact Chloe (01179 269530) for more information. A covering note on why you're well suited for the position will also be beneficial.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Marketing, ECommerce Merchadising jobsSearch all jobs
— Digital Projects within an Agile teamLocation:BristolSalary:Up to £45k
— Amazing experience design agency that works with big brands and is known for the fantastic culture!Location:BristolSalary:£50k-£65k
— 3 month contractLocation:Bristol + Remote WorkingType:Salary:Up to £350 per day