Mobile Automation Engineer
— Own the testing strategy
- Modern automation solutions for mobile apps.
- Strong brand with a collaborative culture that breeds innovation.
- Rapidly expanding business in central Bath - excellent L&D potential (conferences & training encouraged).
A world-leading specialist focused on active lifestyle and sport is expanding their digital team of 50+ with a need for experienced and passionate Automation Engineer to join them. They have gone from strength to strength in the past year with a recent & successful product launch and have grown their development team from 8 to 35 in the past 12 months. They don’t plan on stopping there!
What skills you’ll be needing
- Proven experience in test automation strategy for mobile apps (iOS/Android).
- Ability to support automated app releases to iOS & Android apps.
- Significant knowledge of Selenium or Appium automation frameworks.
- Knowledge of CI/CD using things like Jenkins, CircleCI or BuildKite.
- Understanding of Swift/Kotlin for producing mobile apps, including things like Xcode & Gradle for builds.
- Awareness of the full SDLC with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Any experience with TDD/BDD, Google Cloud/Firebase and project management would be desirable.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a large digital function and communicating with different sub-teams internally, you’ll help to automate the delivery & testing of the business’ native mobile apps, which involves setting up a test automation strategy and building tools to support automated app releases of a recently launched product across both iOS & Android. The goal is to create a fully automated process to ensure a friendly experience for their user base, it’s expected that you’ll liaise closely with the development & product teams to identify instances that could be automated, as well as resolving any defects and using well-structured manual testing approaches where necessary. You’ll manage things through all phases, with involvement from end-to-end delivery so communication skills are very important. They work Agile so you’ll need to be comfortable with this as well.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
One of the best parts about working here is the environment. Whilst everyone is committed and hardworking, they want you to enjoy working there and more importantly, keep a life outside the office! You’ll be based in an amazing office in the centre of Bath which is great a great location for social activities and lifestyle (they’re fully remote for now but will be happy with 2-3 days remote when back!). You’ll be provided with the best kit, a generous salary, great holiday entitlement, company bike rides each summer during office hours, free lunch every month before payday and even a free birthday pizza lunch out!
Sound great? Send in your CV to Joe or call in for a chat.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Constant progression and new techLocation:BristolSalary:£45K - £55K
— Lead a teamLocation:BristolSalary:£55K - £60K
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolType:Salary:Up to £425 p/day