— Learn Magento2
- Opportunity to learn Magento2, Node and React.
- Strong brand with a collaborative culture that breeds innovation.
- Rapidly expanding business in central Bath - excellent L&D potential (online conferences & training encouraged).
A world leading specialist focused around active lifestyle and sport is expanding across all their teams with a need for experienced and passionate PHP Developer, ideally (but not essential) with Magento2 experience to help deliver high-quality software to the product and drive growth through innovation. They've gone from strength to strength in the past two years and have grown their development team to roughly 35. They don’t plan on stopping there!
What skills you’ll be needing
- Good understanding of object orientated PHP.
- Experience of integrating a variety of payment service providers.
- Ability to produce fast, scalable websites and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of MySQL.
- Clear with code reviews and actively promote quality of code with the development team to ensure knowledge is shared.
- Version control should be a way of life.
Opportunity to learn if not using already
- The building and customisation of Magento themes, modules and extensions.
- React, Node & Angular.
Nice to have
- Magento developer certification
- WordPress experience
- Unit testing experience
- An interest in cycling!
What you’ll be doing
You will be working in a multi-disciplined and highly capable development team, designing and building web applications. These applications that you design should coincide with their current infrastructure and products to provide performant services, feeding data pipelines and even new solutions. Data service designs will need an emphasis on scalability and speed so they can keep performing as the platform grows. You will uphold high engineering standards in all the codebases you work from and will be able to switch from PHP / Magento to using front-end tools when needed. A key part of your role will be expanding your technical knowledge and you’ll be supported in learning new languages/frameworks. It’s a highly collaborative environment and so you'll not only be working closely with the rest of the development team but also the Product Owners to ensure the services are designed to serve their needs.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
One of the best parts about working here is the environment. Of course, as things are, you’ll be fully remote to start with, but if all goes well, from the new year it’ll be 2/3 days remote and the rest in the very enjoyable and cool office space in the centre of Bath. You’ll be provided with the best kit, a generous salary, great holiday entitlement, company bike rides each summer during office hours, free lunch every month before payday and even a free birthday pizza lunch out!!
Sound great? Send in your CV to Tareek or call in for a chat (01179 269 530).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + GloucestershireSalary:Up to £425 p/day
— 2 Weeks Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolSalary:Up to £300 p/day
— Tech-for-Good, NFP, CharitiesLocation:Bradford-on-AvonSalary:£30K-£40K