— Top Tech Scale-Up
- Progressive, fun and ambitious tech business in central Bath.
- Rapidly expanding business - excellent progression, conferences, training etc.
- Chance for you to choose the backend framework per project, jump from one stack to another!
A world leading specialist focussed around active lifestyle and sport, is expanding across nearly all teams and they are looking for a talented Back-End Developer to join the team. You will be working with modern web technologies, choosing the right language and backend frameworks for each case. It’s a relaxed environment with a lot of effort put into keeping a strong work / life balance and so employee happiness is high across the business.
What skills you’ll be needing
- They’re being very flexible on core experience required, if you’ve done any of the following you’ll definitely be of interest; web applications, mobile apps or data warehouses.
- Projects are diverse; you might be using Firebase, Google Cloud, Node on one project then diving into PHP, Magento or Laravel on another. Ability to learn is more important than a prescribed skillset.
- You’ll need to be able to design, build and consume APIs.
- Experience designing and implementing database schemas with an emphasis on speed and scalability would be very useful.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working in a multi-disciplined and highly capable development team, designing and building data services and web applications. A key responsibility will be to handle data from API’s and working with integrations with third party software, occasionally working on payment gateways. A key part of your role will be expanding your technical knowledge and you’ll be supported in learning new languages/frameworks. It’s a highly collaborative environment and so you’ll not only be working closely with the rest of the development team but also Product Owners, Project Managers, Designers and more across the business.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As mentioned, one of the best parts about working here is the environment. Whilst everyone is committed and hardworking, they want you to enjoy your work here and more importantly, keep a life outside the office too! You’ll be based in wonderful, recently refurbished offices in the city centre, great for a lunch time wander. You’ll be provided with the best kit, a generous salary, great holiday entitlement, pension and little extras like free fruit and bike/shower facilities. A huge benefit to this role is the tech you’ll be working with and your chance to pick up new skills, with support and training provided, from online courses to event attendance.
Sound great? Send in your CV NOW to Callum or call in for a chat.Back to jobs