Ruby Developer (Cross Train to Ruby on Rails)
— awesome product, 3 days remote
- Tech Start-Up with ground-breaking product.
- Ruby-on-Rails – cross train if you’d like to learn!
- 3 days remote, unlimited holiday, 4.5 day week.
An ambitious start-up is looking for a Senior Developer to join them in Bath and drive the development of their ground-breaking cloud-based platform forward. The product has already attracted the attention of big name eCommerce brands and following recent investment they’re ready to scale-up and bring development in-house. You’ll play an integral role in growing the team and shaping the success of the product which has had early success in helping to save schools and care homes a significant amount of money.
What skills you’ll need
- Significant experience in web development, well-versed with both the back- and front-end.
- Experience of Ruby on Rails, or a desire to learn. If you have strong back-end skills with C#, Python, PHP, .Net, Node.js or others and have always wanted to learn Ruby then here’s your chance!
- Ability to build scalable, reliable, multi-tenant web applications.
- Experience of MySQL to design database schemas & write complex queries.
- A good grasp of User Experience and an ability to design & implement user interfaces and workflows.
- Previous experience using AWS or Heroku would be beneficial (but they’ll teach you if not).
What you’ll be doing
Working closely with the Technical Director your focus will be to bring the development of their innovative SaaS platform in-house and drive its development forward. For the last 4-5 years the platform has been developed by their technology partners, a well reputed digital product agency in Bath, who you’ll be working collaboratively alongside (in fact, you share an office!) during this transition period. You’ll be developing new features, adding functionality whilst you familiarise yourself with the product with the view of eventually taking ownership of the development completely. You’ll play an active role in growing the team with scope to progress into a Lead role as the business grows.
What you’ll get in return
This is an amazing opportunity to work on a ground-breaking product for a progressive tech start-up, developing (or continuing to develop) your skills in one of the hottest languages out there. You’ll receive a generous salary paying up to £55K, up to 3 days remote working, a 4.5 day working week as they don’t work Friday afternoons, unlimited holiday (you decide when you want to work), MacBook Pro (+ 2nd screen), lots of Apple goodies, access to conferences & events, on the job training and many team socials & trips.
Like the sound of this one? Email your CV to Ellen (01179 269 530) now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— L&D culture, flexi-workingLocation:BristolSalary:£25K-£30K
— Remote WorkingLocation:Remote WorkingType:Salary:£350 p/day - Appropriate for "Outside IR35"
— Top AI & ML productLocation:BristolSalary:£50K-£65K