— Python, learn Django & Angular2
- Be part of a rapidly expanding, eComm based tech start-up.
- Ability to learn and improve skills with Django & Angular2.
- Really nice, sociable environment.
One of Bath’s most exciting and fastest-growing tech start-ups is looking for a Junior Developer (Python) to join their expanding team. There are big plans across the entire business and nearly every team has been or is currently hiring. You’ll be based in wonderful offices in Central Bath, part of a family that is already nearly 45 strong and counting. They believe in creating an enjoyable working environment for all their staff and development is the crucial core of the company. It’s a great time to join and there will be plenty of chances to learn new skills and grow your technical ability in a friendly and collaborative environment.
What experience you’ll need
- Crucial to this role, you’ll need good skills working with Python.
- Ideally you’ll also be experienced with Django, PostreSQL (or other SQL database) and GitHub (or other code management system).
- Any further knowledge of RESTful APIs, Nginx, Docker, AWS (inc. Elastic Beanstalk), Angular2 or Elasticsearch will all be useful.
- You will have shown an ability to work with and learn new tech in a commercial environment.
- You’ll need to have worked in collaborative development teams and be used to working on projects with strict timetables.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be an important part of the development team, helping to expand the most crucial side of the business. You’ll be working with the other developers and designers to build and maintain the websites and internal systems. The size of the business will allow for flexibility in your role and you’ll be able to get involved in various tasks outside your initial remit if you’d like. You may need to provide technical support to other non-technical staff and this is why collaboration between teams is important. You’ll be working directly with the Project Manager responsible for each project, helping to maintain the high standards set by the business.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is the chance to join a company working with some really interesting tech. They are happy to be flexible with your current skillset provided you’re ready and willing to learn new skills. You’ll benefit from formal training when necessary and there are plenty of chances for future progression within a growing company like this. There’s a strong level of personal responsibility given to the developers here and that helps create a productive and enjoyable development environment.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV to Jack or feel free to get in touch for more info.Back to jobs