You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Python / Django, new position for the company
- Senior position in a fast growing and talented team.
- Interesting tech stack including Angular2, Django, AWS and more.
- Opportunities for future progression.
A rapidly expanding, specialist eCommerce business is looking to grow their team with a Senior Developer, experienced with Python & Django. The company is already close to 45 strong and are only in the beginning phases of their current growth plans so it’s an amazing time to join. They are based in a wonderful location in Central Bath and have a great team already in place that’s helped to create a really nice working environment. This role is perfect for someone ambitious looking to help a well-established business launch itself through its next big stages. This is a senior position within the technical team and there will be plenty of opportunity for the role to grow moving forward.
What experience you’ll need
- You will need a strong amount of experience with Python and Django as an essential to the role.
- Further experience with PostreSQL, Nginx, Docker, AWS, Elastic Beanstalk, Angular2, GitHub and Elasticsearch will all be highly beneficial.
- As a senior team member, you’ll need really strong technical skills but also the ability to impart those skills onto more junior members of the team.
- Experience of either training or mentoring other staff will be important.
- You’ll need experience of talking tech in ‘plain English’ and helping guide the direction of tech within a team / company.
What you’ll be doing
Your primary responsibility will be assisting the lead in developing the in-house team and helping to define new best practices. You’ll be overseeing the technical side of multiple simultaneous projects, making sure they are on time and kept to high standards. You’ll be involved in hands-on coding as well as assisting juniors when necessary. You’ll be working most closely with the Lead Developer and CIO, assisting with everything from general tech discussions affecting the business to being involved in the recruitment process if needs be. You’ll be working with a number of project managers, each responsible for their own project, and helping to bring teams together when needed.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and flexible business. As a senior level Developer, there is a lot of room to make this role your own and you’ll be respected as part of the senior team. There’s a generous salary on offer (up to £50K) and the chance to grow alongside a rapidly expanding company. You’ll have a strong level of autonomy in your role and of course will benefit from being based in lovely offices in Central Bath.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV to Jack or feel free to get in touch for more info.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: