Head Of Development
— Quality Driven Digital Agency
- Hugely respected digital agency with international client base.
- Quality drive websites and applications.
- Opportunity to shape technical direction and make a real impact.
One of Wiltshire’s most established and successful digital businesses is looking for a Head of Development to help grow their team and technical offering to keep up with client demand. They have been producing top quality web applications and websites for local, national and international brands for many years with particular strengths in delivering visually stunning, technically advanced solutions.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Technical leadership experience within a multi-client (software house/digital agency) environment.
- Ability to grow, nurture and steer a happy team of quality driven web developers.
- Project lead experience from specification creation to delivery.
- Experience of estimating costs and time for all development work.
- Communicating well with clients and non-technical teams.
- Ability to evaluate and identify the best development practices, technical tools, platforms and frameworks.
- Be forward thinking, with an ability to innovate and leverage technology as it evolves.
A solid background with as much of their tech stack as possible:
- PHP, Laravel, MVC frameworks
- Linux, Apache, and MySQL
- E-commerce platforms (Magento and WooCommerce in particular)
- Git version control (Git, Subversion etc.)
What you’ll be doing
This is a fully involved Head of Development position requiring someone with confidence and commercial acumen to come in and inspire, direct and excite a small team of talented web developers and freelancers. They are looking for someone to provide technical direction to take the agency forward providing technical leadership whilst improving development standards and processes. Whilst hands-off for the vast majority of time, it’s possible they might need you to step in with coding on occasion as well as helping to review the coding output of the team, teaching and helping them to improve. You’ll contribute to pitches, proposals, quotes and help to explain and champion the appropriate technical solutions to clients.
What you’ll get in return for
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to come into a very stable family-owned business with a long pedigree for delivering quality digital experiences. You’ll enjoy the autonomy and support to modernise and improve processes and standards even further and build the department you want, sharing in the ongoing successes of the business. There’s a competitive salary on offer (£70-80K), 24 days hol, pension, health cashback plan, remote and flexible working options, socials/events, free parking in nice open plan offices and more.
Like the sound of this role? Send in your CV now for more info to Mike.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Join an industry leading AI businessLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £75,000pa
— Great opportunity to lead DevOps projects from inception to deployment.Location:LondonSalary:Up to £95,000pa
— Award winning Technology scaleupLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £95,000pa