— Fantastic Digital Product Development
- Java Developer, pick up React, AWS tech and more.
- Quality driven with innovative thinking, strong R&D and amazing clients.
- Friendly, sociable team, fantastic career development.
Top digital product specialists based in Wiltshire are looking to take on a talented Java Developer (Spring, Hibernate, JSP) to add to their 18 strong development team. Taking a lead role in the design and build of all back-end java components and working to best practice when it comes to software engineering. This is a rare and very exciting opportunity to work for one of the South-West’s best digital development businesses at their beautiful countryside studio near Bath.
What skills you'll be needing
- Java dev, 5+ years.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies, iterative and incremental software development.
- Experience in version control systems (e.g. Git, Mercurial).
- Experience of working in a fast-paced commercial environment where products have to be delivered to fixed timescales.
- Experience of supporting, extending systems and code developed by teams other than your own.
- Experience working with operations teams to troubleshoot problems throughout the lifetime of an application.
- A working knowledge of security and optimisation within browser, device and node environments.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be helping this ambitious innovator to deliver outstanding web, software and mobile apps within multi-disciplinary teams. You will encourage and drive best practise Test/BDD principles along with best practice software engineering standards. They will look to you to help them create amazing, complex and mission critical digital products for some of the world's most recognisable brands. Although not in a formal capacity, it would be great if you could share your knowledge and experience with junior developers. A key part of the role will be to take ownership of solutions, liaising with clients to simplify complex problems and processes and the creative thinking to turn ideas into reality.
What you'll get in return for your talents
This role is working for one of the most progressive technical businesses in the South West and you’ll be able to learn cutting edge tech with the freedom and autonomy to introduce the business to any you’ve evaluated yourself. With a large development team, you’ll feed off the buzz of creativity and innovation here. They’re relatively flexible on level of experience from midweight to lead as long as you have an ingrained passion for technology that extends to open source contribution, reading blogs, personal projects etc and some great examples to show them. Generous salary (£32-45K) and holidays, gym membership, pension, electric car scheme, conferences/course access, regular socials, Friday beers and more await.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV for more info to Tareek (01179 269530).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Flexible/ remote working options.Location:BristolSalary:£35-45K
— Top Digital Agency, Huge Clients, PHPLocation:BristolSalary:£50K-£60K
— Great staff retentionLocation:BristolSalary:£40K-£60K