— Innovative, progressive, seriously talented
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with some seriously talented developers.
- Innovative thinking and quality driven with amazing clients and strong R&D.
- Friendly, fantastic career development, progressive tech.
A top digital product specialist with a digital studio on the outskirts of Bath are looking to take on a talented Java Developer with plenty of Spring experience to add to their 20 strong development team. Initially fully remote, but further down the line there’d be an expectation for someone who can work onsite at their Bath HQ a couple of days a week, once things have hopefully settled down. This is a rare and very exciting opportunity to work for one of the South-West’s best and most innovative digital development businesses.
What skills you'll be needing
- Extensive software engineering experience in Java and Spring.
- A desire to learn React & Node.
- Working to Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge or experience of SOLR, Lambda, Progressive Web Apps, TDD and automated acceptance testing is very desirable, but not essential.
- Experience in Git.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures, integration patterns and RESTful web services.
- Experience of API integration.
- Experience of supporting and extending systems and code developed by teams other than your own.
- Experience creating high volume, complex applications using Internet technologies.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be looking after, enhancing and re-architecting platforms for an incredible company, helping this ambitious innovator to deliver outstanding web and mobile apps within multi-disciplinary teams. You will encourage and drive best practise Test/BDD principles along with best practice software engineering standards. You'll be taking a lead role in the design and build of all backend components and working to best practice when it comes to software engineering. They will look to you to help them create amazing, complex and mission critical digital products. Although not in a formal capacity, it would be great if you could share your knowledge and experience with junior developers. A key part of the role will be to take ownership of solutions, liaising with clients to simplify complex problems and processes and the creative thinking to turn ideas into reality.
What you'll get in return for your talents
This role is working for one of the most progressive technical businesses in the South West and you’ll be able to learn cutting edge tech with the freedom and autonomy to introduce the business to any you’ve evaluated yourself. With a large development team, you’ll feed off the buzz of creativity and innovation here. They’re relatively flexible on level of experience from midweight to lead as long as you have an ingrained passion for technology that extends to open-source contribution, reading blogs, personal projects etc and some great examples to show them. Generous salary up to £55K DOE and holidays, gym membership, pension, electric car scheme, conferences/course access, regular socials and more await (once everything has settled somewhat).
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV for more info to Tareek (email@example.com 01179 269 530)
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— EdTech software specialistsLocation:BristolSalary:£20K-£25K
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + LondonType:Salary:Up to £425 p/day
— Brand-new scrum teamLocation:MalvernSalary:£30K - £45K