— Exciting tech, Node.js
- Work with the latest tech – Node.js and React.
- Strong brand with a collaborative culture that breeds innovation.
- Rapidly expanding business in central Bath - excellent L&D potential (conferences & training encouraged).
A world leading specialist focused around active lifestyle and sport is expanding across all their teams with a need for experienced and passionate Full-Stack Developers to help deliver high-quality software to the product and drive growth through innovation. They have gone from strength to strength in the past year and have grown their development team from 8 to 35 in the past 12 months and they don’t plan on stopping there!
What skills you’ll be needing
- They are open to developers with different back-end tech (PHP/Python/Ruby/Go etc) who can demonstrate the ability to pick up Node.js quickly.
- You will be experienced in designing, building and consuming RESTful APIs and even GraphQL APIs.
- Championing best practices in engineering, security, design and testing.
- Ideally you will have been using GIT as your source control.
- You will be owning the process throughout the project pipeline, from the initial phases through to production.
- You may have knowledge of automation tools and CI processes such as CircleCI and Jenkins but it’s not essential.
- If you have any experience with Docker or any containerisation tools that would be a bonus.
- Any knowledge of PaaS (Amazon/GCP/Azure) would be a plus.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working in a multi-disciplined and highly capable development team, designing and building web applications. These applications that you design should coincide with their current infrastructure and products to provide performant services, feeding data pipelines and even new solutions. Data service designs will need an emphasis on scalability and speed so they can keep performing as the platform grows. The systems you’re building need to be robust and reliable, so you will uphold high engineering standards in all the codebases you work from. A key part of your role will be expanding your technical knowledge and you’ll be supported in learning new languages/frameworks. It’s a highly collaborative environment and so you'll not only be working closely with the rest of the development team but also the Product Owners to ensure the services are designed to serve their needs.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
One of the best parts about working here is the environment. Whilst everyone is committed and hardworking, they want you to enjoy working there and more importantly, keep a life outside the office! You’ll be based in an amazing office in the centre of Bath which is great a great location for social activities and lifestyle. You’ll be provided with the best kit, a generous salary (£40k-£60k), great holiday entitlement, company bike rides each summer during office hours, free lunch every month before payday and even a free birthday pizza lunch out!!
Sound great? Send in your CV NOW to Sarah or call in for a chat.