— Life Sciences, learn Ruby
- Life science data tech specialist helping to save lives.
- Outstanding team, amazing development and benefits.
One of Bath’s most exciting tech businesses are looking for a developer to join their progressive team. Working across Ruby and front-end stacks, this is a great opportunity to work on an exciting data product that is being used all over the world to help scientists, researchers and universities.
The role offers hybrid working so candidates will need to be based within a reasonable commuting distance.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Be able to program in a relevant language (e.g. Ruby, PHP, Python), ideally having worked with an MVC web framework.
- At least 1 years commercial experience ideally with a strong academic background.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and the ability to quickly pick up Ruby on Rails if that is not your current language / framework of choice.
- Have a solid knowledge of SQL databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL).
- Be quick to grasp scientific concepts.
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing tech team working on an industry-leading data collection, machine learning and search engine technology product. Working across the full-stack, the role will be highly varied with tasks that could include making UI improvements, improving the efficiency of internal workflows or developing new technology to automatically collect and moderate more data. They’re looking for developers who can get excited about working on large scale text mining and classification, machine learning, web scraping, and data storage. You’ll need to be enthusiastic, quick to pick up new concepts at times working independently and be happy both completing tasks assigned to you and in creating your own where you spot opportunities for improvement.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be stretching yourself, learning new tech and helping this exciting business to flourish. They’re offering a competitive salary (£30-40K), a 4.5 day working week as they don’t work Friday afternoons, unmetered holidays -you decide when you work, MacBook pro (and 2nd screen), lots of Apple goodies, conference and events access, training, annual team trips and socials and much more.
If you like the sound of this one, send in your CV now for immediate consideration!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Join an industry leading AI businessLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £75,000pa
— Great opportunity to lead DevOps projects from inception to deployment.Location:LondonSalary:Up to £95,000pa
— Award winning Technology scaleupLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £95,000pa