IT Operations Engineer
— Hugely successful tech start-up
- Market leading products with global client base.
- Friendly & collaborative start-up culture.
- Access to Linux training & courses.
A hugely successful Bath based tech business is looking for passionate IT Operations Engineer to join them in their central offices. They’ve gone from strength to strength over the last few years with the worldwide success of their cloud based solutions software. Following a number of exciting new client wins they are looking to grow out their Support Team. You'll have the opporunty to travel to their client sites in the US & Asia!
What skills you’ll need
- Back-ground in a technical support role, ideally customer-facing where complex technical issues need to be effectively communicated to a varied audience.
- Experience supporting a Windows environment.
- Previous exposure to Linux operating systems, preferably Ubuntu would be beneficial.
- Great working knowledge of core internet technologies such as Routing, Switching, DNS, DHCP, firewalls etc.
- Experience creating and editing Shell Scripts, e.g. Bash, PowerShell or Python would be a bonus.
- An understanding of Virtualisation would also be advantageous.
- Any exposure to resilient and redundant file systems is a plus.
What you’ll be doing
Forming part of the dedicated retail software support team, you’ll be on-hand to support their diverse client-base worldwide across both Windows & Linux environments, as well as providing internal support to the wider business. You’ll be working in shift teams alongside the IT Operations Team Lead and will be responsible for the 24 x 7 monitoring of customer software & infrastructure, providing your technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve any issues. You will assist with software deployment, patches and updates, ensuring your knowledge of company products & technologies stays up to date. Further, you’ll be responsible for managing the company’s internal infrastructure, fulfilling scheduled maintenance tasks & on boarding new employees. You’ll be expected to proactively contribute to the improvement of company products & services by logging customer issues and reporting any trends. This is a great opportunity to become a technical expert on a global market-leading product. If you are a self-starter with a keen interest in learning new skills there is a lot to be gained here.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be joining a company at a very exciting time; while seeing great success across the globe they have maintained their friendly & collaborative start-up culture. On top of a salary of up to £30K, you’ll receive an extra 20% shift allowance, company share options, 24 shift days holiday, company pension, cycle to work scheme & casual office environment to name a few, as well as access to Linux training & courses.
Sound good? Send your CV to Ellen (01179 269 530) now for more info!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— rapidly growing software house, great scope for progressionLocation:BristolSalary:£20K - £24K
— Rapid progressionLocation:BrentwoodSalary:£45K - £50K
— Drupal, PHP Development / Linux System AdministrationLocation:CardiffSalary:£30000 - £40000