Tech Lead / CTO
— Incredible Wellbeing Start-Up
- Wellbeing AI coaching app that is going to be rolled out globally.
- Work with React Native, Python/Django, GraphDB, Kubernetes, AWS.
- Have a big input on technical decisions, lead and grow a team.
A start-up based in Bath has received investment and are looking to hire multiple developers for their team. One of these is a lead who can take ownership of the code base and run the team, eventually moving up into the position of CTO. This is a really great opportunity to join a thriving start-up working on amazing technologies to champion this ‘tech-for-good’ mobile app.
What experience you'll need
- Experience with Django or Flask.
- You will be a polyglot developer and able to switch between languages, pick up others and also introduce any you might think are suitable.
- Be able to develop any part of the system (database, orchestration).
- Able to understand the importance of security.
- Experience of working on scalability before, bonus if it’s within a start-up.
- Current or past experience leading teams of developers.
- Run scrum meetings – sprint planning, sprint review, daily stand-ups etc.
- Passion for technology and emerging languages/tools.
- Great communication skills, team player and able to handle conflict.
- Understanding of the importance of setting the culture within small teams when growing in numbers.
- Have a diverse and inclusive mind set to hiring people.
- An interest in AI would be a great bonus to have.
- Aspirations to become a CTO.
What you'll be doing
You will be coming into the company with 7 engineers spread across different areas; you will be running the development of this product, inheriting the code base and team and improving/growing both. You’ll be responsible for setting and following architectural guidelines, making sure yourself and the team are developing clean code – as part of this you will be running the Scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review and daily stand-ups ensuring timely delivery and accurate estimates. It’s important that you value security and on a weekly basis you are making sure everything is done the right way within compliance. As you will be hands-on yourself you will be developing various parts of the system, whether that is front-end, back-end, database, testing or orchestration. As this start-up is rolling their app out globally to large organisations you will understand the importance of scaling things the right way to support the thousands of users that will be downloading this fantastic app. Also as you progress your own role and really embed yourself into the company you must be looking towards the title of CTO and the further responsibilities that come with that position.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
The salary on offer ranges between £75K-£100K depending on experience. Alongside this you have 25 days holiday, a pension, flexible/remote working, and nice working space in a great location, kit provided and the chance to be part of a growing team within a successful start-up. As this company grows the benefits will only get better, but for now you have the chance to shape things which is a rarity. great chance to bond with the people you work with, you will always be supported in your role by other developers and leaders. This truly is a very exciting start-up to be a part of!
If you would like to find out more about this role or apply then please get in touch with George (01179269530, firstname.lastname@example.org).