Site Reliability Engineer
— Silicon valley start-up, event & training budget
- International software house with ambitious growth plans.
- Conference & event allowance, individual learning & training fund and more.
- Extra benefits like free lunches every day and a new starters trip to the US offices.
A progressive software house, based in Bath, with an international presence is looking to expand their UK development team. One of the key hires at the moment is for a Site Reliability Engineer. You’ll be working with a team of 11 initially in Bath, looking to quickly grow to 15+ and will only keep expanding from there over the coming year. This role is tech agnostic and they are looking for individuals that are interested in community engagement and professional development, with a broad variety of technical knowledge & skills.
What skills you'll be needing
- You’ll have a strong amount of previous technical experience, including a mix of development and DevOps / systems engineering.
- Experience with multiple datastores (MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc.).
- Experience working with and/or maintaining a Linux or alternative *nix system.
- Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Any experience with the following would be beneficial: Terraform, Packer, Vagrant, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Spinnaker, Envoy, Istio.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working closely with the Senior Site Reliability Engineer in the team to ensure that all microservices are visible and can be monitored in a way that can show what’s happening in the various production systems at any time. You’ll also be helping to design and implement new microservices, as well as working on existing ones, to ensure stability and performance. A key part of your role will be continuing to automate tasks and processes wherever possible in the business’ systems to improve performance whilst requiring minimal manual input. You will also be in charge of database maintenance, including configuration and deployment. A wider responsibility will be helping to influence the culture of the UK team and wider businesses through the coming stages of growth and where possible, helping to promote the business within the local tech community at events, conferences, meetups, etc.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be a senior member of a really talented UK team that’s only looking to grow even further moving forward. The business itself has a real focus on personal development and you’ll be encouraged and supported in picking up new tech, languages, skills, etc. On top of a generous salary (up to £65K), there’s an event/conference allowance for each member of staff, as well as a personal learning and training fund that you can spend on courses, resources, etc. as you see fit. You get lunch free every day and will even get a trip to their US based offices when you start. They believe in being part of the wider community and so you’ll have the chance to engage with other technical businesses and professionals across the SW.
Sound good? Send in your CV to apply or contact George for more information.Back to jobs