— PHP or Node.js
- Relaxed & fun working environment with strong work / life balance.
- Rapidly expanding business - plenty of opportunity for future progression.
- Learn new skills, languages and frameworks (Ruby, Golang, Node.js, TypeScript, Laravel and more!).
What skills you’ll be needing
- Experience designing, building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Excellent skills with source control (Git).
- Experience with JIRA.
- Any experience designing and implementing SQL database schemas with a focus on speed and scalability.
- Knowledge of any other languages would be seen as a bonus (Ruby, Golang, Java, etc.).
- Any further experience with containerisation (Docker), PaaS (Amazon/GCP/Azure) or build automation tools (CircleCI, Jenkins) would all be highly beneficial but not essential.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working in a multi-disciplined and highly capable development team, designing and building data services and web applications. Your data service designs will be focussed around speed and scalability, essential for a business growing this quickly. You will be working primarily with PHP and/or ES6, TypeScript, Node.js, with other back-end frameworks when needed. A key part of your role however will be expanding your technical knowledge and you’ll be supported in learning new languages/frameworks. It’s a highly collaborative environment and so you’ll not only be working closely with the rest of the development team but also Product Owners, Project Managers, Designers and more across the business.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As mentioned, one of the best parts about working here is the environment. Whilst everyone is committed and hardworking, they want you to enjoy your work here and more importantly, keep a life outside the office too! You’ll be based in wonderful, recently refurbished offices in the city centre, great for a lunch time wander. You’ll be provided with the best kit, a generous salary, great holiday entitlement, pension and little extras like free fruit and bike/shower facilities. A huge benefit to this role is the tech you’ll be working with and your chance to pick up new skills, with support and training provided, from online courses to event attendance.
Sound great? Send in your CV NOW to George or call in for a chat.Back to jobs