— Fast-growth scale up
- Relaxed & fun working environment with strong work / life balance.
- Rapidly expanding business - plenty of opportunity for future progression.
- Learn new skills, languages and frameworks (Ruby, Golang, Node.js, TypeScript, Laravel and more!).
A specialist business, focussed around active lifestyle and sport, is expanding across nearly all teams and they are looking for an ambitious Back-End Developer to join the team. Your development experience will be primarily based around PHP / WordPress. It’s a relaxed environment with a lot of effort put into keeping a strong work / life balance and so employee happiness is high across the business. On the technical side, there’s a real push on learning new skills, frameworks, languages and anything else progressive that you think could benefit both your professional development and the business.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Experience writing scalable back-end applications in PHP (WordPress). Ideally with further experience of WooCommerce).
- Experience designing, building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Excellent skills with source control (Git).
- Experience with JIRA.
- Any experience designing and implementing SQL database schemas with a focus on speed and scalability.
- Knowledge of any other languages would be seen as a bonus (Ruby, Golang, Java, etc.).
- Any further experience with containerisation (Docker), PaaS (Amazon/GCP/Azure) or build automation tools (CircleCI, Jenkins) would all be highly beneficial but not essential.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working in a multi-disciplined and highly capable development team, designing and building data services and web applications. Your data service designs will be focussed around speed and scalability, essential for a business growing this quickly. You will be working primarily with PHP, WordPress and WooCommerce. A key part of your role however will be expanding your technical knowledge and you’ll be supported in learning new languages/frameworks. It’s a highly collaborative environment and so you’ll not only be working closely with the rest of the development team but also Product Owners, Project Managers, Designers and more across the business.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As mentioned, one of the best parts about working here is the environment. Whilst everyone is committed and hardworking, they want you to enjoy your work here and more importantly, keep a life outside the office too! You’ll be based in wonderful, recently refurbished offices in the city centre, great for a lunch time wander. You’ll be provided with the best kit, a generous salary, great holiday entitlement, pension and little extras like free fruit and bike/shower facilities. A huge benefit to this role is the tech you’ll be working with and your chance to pick up new skills, with support and training provided, from online courses to event attendance.
Sound great? Send in your CV NOW to George or call in for a chat.Back to jobs