You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Exciting Start-up Team
- Join a highly experienced and successful start-up team.
- Enjoy flexible benefits such as remote working for half the week.
- Be the first in-house UI designer able to create, shape and influence from day 1.
We’re looking for a UI Designer to join a start-up team in central Bath. In this role you’ll be creating the visual language for a suite of impressive data visualisation tools.
What you’ll be doing
The business specialises in data analytics and insight for the sports industry. More specifically their data can help teams, coaches and players improve their game, clubs engage their audiences and their fans on a deeper level and help the media report on the beautiful game in more detail than ever before.
Joining a start-up means being part of a small but fast growing team. The UK studio is currently under 10 but they have plans to double in size over the next year, this role will be their first in-house UI Designer.
The existing team consists of expert analysts, data scientists and developers. So far the UI has been built and designed by their in-house developers and external freelance support. The purpose of hiring a full time UI Designer is to help them improve their data visualisation.
In this role you’ll bring large and complex datasets to life through creative data visualisations. Where needed you’ll also work across the brand and overall look and feel for the product. Being a start-up you’ll have a real chance to create and influence in this exciting role.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Previous experience within a UI design role.
- A portfolio full of UI designs showing evidence of conveying complex information in simple and engaging ways.
- An expert user of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator) and other modern design tools.
- Prior experience of working with big data a plus (especially any experience of pulling data from SQL databases yourself).
- Comfortable leading on design challenges and communicating design decisions to both visual and non visual people.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable with start-up environments and challenges.
- An interest in sports or in data visualisation beneficial.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
In return for your experience you’ll join an ambitious start-up team and get in at ground level with a real opportunity to shape things. You’ll enjoy flexible benefits with only 2-3 days needed in the office, you’ll work with best in class data and a highly experienced team.
Please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio to be considered.