Social Media Manager
— Leading multichannel retailer
- UK market leader in their field.
- Ability to create and recruit a winning team under you.
- Reporting directly to Marketing Director.
A massively exciting opportunity has arisen with a UK household name, where the role limitations are only defined by how far the individual is willing to take it.
This role is with a dynamic business, always striving to improve on previous successes. While they have achieved some good results in social, there is significant room for improvement. This role provides an opportunity for an ambitious individual to make a difference and shape the future of the companies’ social plan.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will be working strategically with Social Media to make this company the most recognised and admired social brand within their industry. To achieve this you will create and recruit a winning team under you, and then use this team to implement an innovative multichannel social strategy.
Responsibilities here cover both paid and organic social media. YouTube is a prime channel you will be focussing on, developing a clear content strategy, producing materials and where appropriate backing with spend to create a best in class video channel.
You will be responsible for content SEO, providing traffic and viewers with a rich resource of brand specific content. Along with incorporating SEO in to content, you will also be working with internal creative department and an external production agency to develop creative assets for each channel.
You will also be in charge of PR from social to print, and defining and implementing influencer and ambassador strategy.
What experience you’ll need
- Previous experience managing company social media (across paid and organic) and content.
- Experience managing a successful team.
- Broad customer centric marketing experience likely to have been gained through a similar retail role within retail or customer focussed service organisations including agencies.
- Highly creative with the ability to deliver within specified guidelines. Both orally and visually creative.
- Good crisis management and customer engagement skills are essential.
- Ability to manage budgets using negotiation skills to ensure that costs are delivered within.
What you’ll get in return
A salary of up to £60k is on offer here (dependant on experience). There is also a discretionary company bonus and benefits including free gym, free parking, excellent training and development and life insurance, to name just a few.
Please get in touch with Rina/Imogen to hear more about this roleBack to jobs