Tech Architect / Tech Lead
— Enterprise SaaS Start-up
- First tech hire joining the Founding team of post MVP SaaS start-up.
- Join hugely talented founding team at key stage of businesses' growth.
- Modern and innovative tech stack with opportunity to move in to AI / Machine Learning.
This is not the sort of opportunity that comes around every day. You will be the first technology hire, joining the founding team of a pre-Seed enterprise B2B SaaS start-up as they look to inhouse their technology function and drive the software product forward.
What you'll be doing
Reporting in to the CTO, you will be responsible for bringing their technology and software engineering function inhouse. As a starting point, you'll work with the CTO to ensure that the product is built in resilient, scalable code, that processes and delivery are done in the right way and you will own driving forward the technical capability of the business. In the early days, before building out the team, you will be pretty hands on. Their tech stack is largely Python based, with Django, DjangoRest and Django Channels - so you'll be rolling up your sleeves enabling the product / platform to adapt to the needs and feedback of customers. To start with at least, this is a big picture and a fine detail role - you'll define the overarching tech architecture as well as ensuring that coding standards are set and applied. You'll be embedding best practice in test driven development (TDD), wider DevOps and Agile as well as instilling the disciplines of lean, robust and efficient code. In short, you'll be responsible for exploring, testing, breaking and improving their software.
What experience you'll need
- You will have a long and varied hands-on technical background, with a leaning towards Python / Django.
- Strengths across their tech stack - Python, Django, VueJS, MySQL, Redis, Celery, Bitbucket.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure, ideally AWS.
- Commitment to and strong belief in test driven development, DevOps, Agile and 'doing things the right way'.
- Experience of operating at a strategic, managerial level and with a pragmatic approach.
- You're likely already a Head of Technology, Solution Architect, Tech Architect, Tech Lead or Development Director - but one who believes in keeping close enough to the tech that you're able to roll your sleeves up in the early days while you build this out.
What you'll get in return for your talents
This is a crucial hire for an early stage business bringing a new product to market, so we're looking at a package that involves not just a competitive basic salary (most likely around £70k - £80k) but also significant equity in the business. We're most likely looking at 2% here - the pre-Seed value of which can be spoken through over the phone, but is likely of course to multiple significantly as you build out the business. On top of that this is the chance to get bring to market exciting tech products experimenting with NLP, machine learning, AI and other emerging technologies.
Please get in touch with Gabby with a CV for a conversation around the fine details.Back to jobs