Product / UI Designer
— Health Technology
- Provide a valuable social service working on products used in the health sector and emergency services.
- Work on interesting digital products across a range of platforms.
- Given independence in your work and be rewarded for creativity and innovation.
A communications company that works with the health sector, emergency services, and other life-saving organisations is looking to bring a talented product designer into their team. The successful candidate will be working on a range of digital products for smartphones and tablets, as well as for medical communication devices. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to use their skills to contribute to lifesaving products and the successful running of essential services.
What you’ll be doing
The client provides communication infrastructure and services for doctors, nurses, lifeboat volunteers, fire crews, and carers. This includes physical devices and the companion apps and digital products that accompany these. They are looking for someone to come up with creative ideas and designs for these, innovating and iterating products to make their services as effective as possible.
You will be playing a key role in updating their suite of products to meet their brand guidelines and vision while also being secure and accessible. They are looking for someone innately creative, ready to contribute original thought to ensure their products are functional and beautiful. These apps should be a joy to use, even in emergency and high stress situations.
The company has a welcoming and friendly culture, so will easily integrate you into the team. You will be the leading voice in design and will gain experience from working closely with colleagues from other disciplines, such as software engineers, developers, product managers, and the sales team.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Designed digital products from inception to completion.
- Created wireframes and prototypes with design software such as Figma and Adobe XD.
- Stakeholder management skills, and experience working with people from different backgrounds.
- Carried out user research and translated findings into design requirements.
- (Desirable) Some experience with security processes and GDPR, ideally in a hospital environment.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
A generous salary, a supportive team, and the chance to work on products that will help to save lives. On top of this, a great benefits package including 25 days holiday (+BH), free parking, and free canteen facilities
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and portfolio. If you are still preparing a portfolio, please apply with your CV and we can discuss this further.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Electric Vehicle Start-upLocation:Remote (Occasional London Visits), UKSalary:Circa £70k
— Communications agencyLocation:Bristol / Hybrid WFH, UKSalary:Up to 45K DOE
— User Centred ContentLocation:Bristol / Hybrid / Remote, UKSalary:Circa £50k