— Supporting Net Zero
- Help the UK towards its Net Zero goals.
- Work on complex, interesting projects that have real impact.
- Enjoy flexibility and remote working, a bonus scheme, 28 days holiday (+BH) and more
We’re looking for a Service Designer to join a team working towards Net Zero. By supporting innovators to commercialise and deliver the future of energy in the UK this team is accelerating our progress towards a low carbon future, and you could be a part of it.
What you’ll be doing
As a Service Designer you’ll be joining a multidisciplinary team of designers and researchers to help start-ups and SME’s understand their users and create truly user centred energy solutions for the future. Projects will be varied but will focus largely on digital and on with B2C partners.
Tackling the energy crisis is complex, as are the systems that underpin it. You’ll be working closely with experts from the energy industry to help them understand their audiences, ask the right questions, and ensure they’re delivering the right solutions. You’ll be the ‘design thinker’ in the room so although you might not be a subject matter expert in energy (yet) you’ll know how to use research and workshops to break down and understand complex problems. You’ll recognise the importance of insight and creativity, bringing both to projects.
This is an exciting role for someone that wants to have a positive impact on climate change in their work.
What experience you’ll need
- Whether you call yourself a Service Designer, Researcher, Design Thinker or something else entirely you’ll primarily have skills in research, workshop facilitation and creative problem solving.
- A confident communicator, comfortable being client facing from day 1.
- Passionate about working towards Net Zero.
- Previous experience in agile.
- Preferably a relevant degree in design, UX, psychology, HCI or similar.
What you’ll get in return
As well as joining a team on a mission you can really believe in, you’ll enjoy flexible working hours, 28 days holiday (+bank holidays), bonus scheme, an enhanced pension scheme and more.
Please apply with an up to date CV along with any relevant case studies or examples of work.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— AccessibilityLocation:Bristol / London / RemoteSalary:Upto £55k
— Marketing, eCommerce & Digital, Design & UXLocation:Bristol / remoteSalary:DOE
— CX AgencyLocation:RemoteSalary:Circa £70k