Inclusive Design Consultant
— Net Zero
- Join a not-for-profit and help create inclusive research and design practices.
- Work on complex, interesting projects that have real world impact.
- Enjoy flexibility and remote working, a bonus scheme, 28 days holiday (+BH) and more
We’re looking for an Inclusive Design Consultant to join a team working towards Net Zero. By supporting innovators to commercialise and deliver the future of energy in the UK this team is accelerating our progress towards a low carbon future, and you could be a part of it.
What you’ll be doing
As an Inclusive Design Consultant, you’ll be joining a multidisciplinary team of Service Designers and Researchers to help start-ups and SME’s understand users from all walks of life and create truly user centred energy solutions for the future.
Though you might have research skills yourself and get involved in research projects from time to time, the heavy lifting insight work will be done by a dedicated team of User Researchers. Your focus will be on service design, using insight to conceptualise new products and services, creating service blueprints, customer journeys and in some cases prototypes.
This role could suit someone from a variety of backgrounds. You might not be a subject matter expert in energy (yet) or familiar with the user groups and vulnerabilities of some consumers, but you will know how to utilise research findings to understand complex problems and design better services. You’ll recognise the importance of insight and creativity, bringing both to projects.
This is an exciting role for someone that wants to have a positive impact on the climate and on people’s lives in their work.
What experience you’ll need
- Whether you call yourself a Service Designer, Researcher, Design Thinker or something else entirely you’ll primarily have skills in Service Design and have worked with research to conceptualise or improve services, systems or products.
- Ideally you’ll have some workshop facilitation skills and a good understanding of design thinking on the whole.
- A confident communicator and great collaborator.
- Passionate about working towards Net Zero and creating inclusive services.
- Preferably a relevant degree in design, UX, psychology, HCI or similar.
What you’ll get in return
As well as joining a team on a mission you can really believe in, you’ll enjoy flexible working, 28 days holiday (+bank holidays), bonus scheme, an enhanced pension scheme, maternity and paternity and more.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV to be considered. If you have any case studies or projects to share too, please do.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— User Centred ContentLocation:Bristol / Hybrid / Remote, UKSalary:Circa £50k
— Top Agency TeamLocation:Bristol / Hybrid, UKSalary:Circa £40k + bonus
— Global RetailerLocation:Somerset/ Remote, UKSalary:£60k Bonus & Benefits