Gas Settlement Analyst
- Fantastic opportunity to develop your Python, SQL and Tableau skills in a commercial environment.
- Working with large and varied data sets, allowing you to be more creative and flexible with your analysis’.
- Leading technology firm in central Bristol.
This is a great opportunity to expand your skills and set into a role where you can absorb key industry knowledge and therefore it is crucial you are passionate about your job and keen to learn!
What you’ll be doing
This role will focus on getting control of the data available, assessing its quality and analysing the amount of gas used by customers. You will be working in an SQL server database, looking into underlying data and providing insights to the operational teams. You will have control of an analytical problem which you will then build up and analyse to ensure the business is settled for its gas usage.
The team predominantly works with Python, SQL and Tableau and so it is important you are proficient in at least one of the stated. However, you will be working alongside four other analysts whose varied expertise will be able to support you during your development whilst you learn the other technologies. You will also benefit from working alongside a tech team which keeps the tools and models you’ll be working with at the cutting edge.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Ability to understand the financials of the business and the relation it will have with the data analysed.
- Managing and manipulating large data sets.
- Experienced with at least one of the following: Python, SQL, Tableau or similar.
- Experience or interest of the UK Energy industry.
- Mathematic or Scientific degree will be useful, competence with mathematics is essential.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
A base salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience as well as an amazing benefits package and a generous bonus scheme.
You will be working for a truly innovative company in a sociable but fast-paced environment. Within this role there are great opportunities to develop expertise in improving gas trading; working in areas such as risk management, derivative deals and demand forecasting. As you will be working with various areas of the business there is opportunity to expand your skills beyond settlement analysis and progress within the company.
Please get in touch with Wiktoria with an up to date CV today. Don't hesitate to call/email to discuss the finer detailsBack to jobs