Android Developer (Java/Kotlin)
— tech for good
- Own the build of a multi-functional robot!
- Change the lives of UK citizens.
- Remote role even after restrictions lift.
I’m helping a Bristol-based start-up who offer a multi-functional product that supports vulnerable adults to stay in touch with their loved ones, plus providing easy access to the benefits of modern tech. This Tech4Good business are looking to bring their development in-house to further improve their product and as part of that transition are looking for an Android Developer to join them.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Previous experience in Software development using Java & Kotlin. Experience of Xamarin would be useful.
- Apple iOS & Android 6+ expertise.
- Proven ability integrating with external RESTful APIs & services.
- Familiarity with Cloud Messaging APIs, Push Notifications & Queues.
- Understanding of on-board USB/NFC/RFID/Bluetooth/Wifi management.
- AWS IoT development experience including Devise Provisioning, Digital Twinning & Secure Communication would be useful.
- Any knowledge of voice chatbot applications would be highly beneficial but not essential.
What you’ll be doing
As the first in-house Android developer you’ll be given a lot of autonomy and control over technical direction of the product. You’ll be taking ownership of a back-end API of a care portal solution which you’ll then integrate into their application suite, as well as looking after the front-end aspects with usability being at the forefront of their focus due to the customer-base. You’ll act as Product Owner, working closely with the Development Manager to design and implement new features, contributing to functional and non-functional design and advising senior managers on challenges, complexities and implementations. There are ambitious growth plans for the team after this hire so it’s expected that you’ll be able to help build coding standards and policies, advocating best practices and mentoring juniors in the team as and when they join.
What you’ll get in return
On top of a salary of up to £50K, you will be joining a very successful entrepreneurial company with brilliant leaders and inspiring team members working on life-changing products that customers love. They’re almost fully remote with the odd trip to their Bristol office every few weeks, they offer flexible working hours, constant training and progression. When you’re in the office you’ll be in an awesome hub of innovation, surrounded by talented technologists and progressive tech-first businesses to learn new things from.
Sound good? Give Ellen a call to find out more!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolSalary:Up to £350 p/day
— Biggest global brandsLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£30K-£40K
— 2 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolSalary:Up to £300 p/day