You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Growing Bristol Studio
- Play a pivotal role within the studio supporting the Creative Director.
- Join an agency hungry for awards and with ambitious growth plans.
- Enjoy a sociable and collaborative working environment with knowledge sharing sessions, events and a great office space.
Were looking for a Design Director to join a local Bristol based agency. This is a new role for the business and a great opportunity for a senior creative taking that next step, a budding creative director or an established design / art director.
What youll be doing
A brand new role for the agency the Design Director will support the Creative Director and Executive CD in the running of the creative team. Currently the team is 8 and growing; as Design director itll be your job to ensure concepts are executed with integrity and exceptional design craft. Supporting the CDs vision youll provide creative leadership to the team ensuring briefs are clear, feedback is constructive and the right people are used on the right project.
This is a hands-on position so youll be running your own projects and leading by example when it comes to design and creative.
The agency's focus lies in internal brand engagement and communication which means an incredibly varied output. Trusted by big names in property, entertainment, financial services and retail, they work hard to engage and inspire the people that make these businesses a success. You'll deliver campaigns that could include print, VR, branding, digital and motion graphics elements.
What experience youll need to apply
- An expert hands-on designer in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illsutrator, InDesign)
- Senior experience within an agency or similar client led environment.
- Confidence at a conceptual level (understanding good copy a real plus).
- Good leadership qualities, able to critique work constructively and foster creative skillsets of all kinds.
- Ambitious and driven.
- Commercially minded with an understanding of what makes an agency successful.
What youll get in return for your experience
In return for your experience youll join a Design Week top 100 agency with a great culture. Youll enjoy working with an ambitious team, company hosted events and meetups, learning sessions and more.
Please apply with an up to date CV and crucially supporting portfolio.