Automated Test Engineer
— Award-winning, dynamic industry leader producing beautifully crafted products
- Work-life balance, amazing culture and flexible working.
- Award-winning, dynamic industry leader producing beautifully crafted products.
- Use Cucumber, Gherkin and Selenium on top digital application projects.
Bristol’s biggest digital agency are looking to further expand their outstanding team working on a wide mix of international brand projects with the addition of Automated Test Engineer. Working in Agile teams this is an amazing opportunity to test your skills with the very best in the business!
What skills you’ll be needing
- Proven software quality assurance experience with a focus on web-based applications.
- Experience developing automated functional regression tests.
- Experience using the Rapid testing approach.
- Experience of Test Automation processes, tools and managing Continuous Integration.
- Knowledge of testing with C# based programming languages
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, BDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and associated tools (Rally, Jira)
- Experience of responsive cross-browser testing and using Performance/Load testing tools such as Jmeter.
- Experience with tools like Cucumber/Gherkin, Specflow, Burp suite, SmartBear, Selenium
- Knowledge of the use of Web services (SOAP & REST) and API Mocking (WireMock, Postman)
- Experience of SOA and Microservices in a Single Page Application (SPA) architecture
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (GitHub, GitFlow, Jenkins, Team City, Octodeploy)
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be work closely with the product owner and project team to ensure acceptance criteria are accurate, clear and well defined. Influence the tool and technology selection. Define clear and well-written test scenarios, implement and execute those tests using test automation tools. Triage and lead the investigation into reported issues, ensure they are being properly tracked and work to actively prevent regressions. Help to define and develop the overall QA process with the lead QA/test automation analyst. Help scale up the current Test automation solution in place. To mentor other team members and to contribute to team best practices in Agile. Working cooperatively with existing colleagues to continue to develop the testing framework. Reviewing Pull requests identifying problems before they are committed. Attending the daily stand-ups for the technical workstreams they are responsible for.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
The standards are incredible high at this digital leader as they continue to deliver jaw-dropping products and solutions. There’s a competitive salary (£35K-50K) on offer plus 25 days holiday (you can buy an additional 5 or sell some), flexible hours, remote working (1-2 days per week), outstanding parental leave, generous pension, private healthcare, massive product discounts, cycle to work, Christmas and summer parties, football, yoga, book clubs, quizzes, cocktail trolley on Friday. Above all this is an amazing opportunity to join one of the UK's top digital businesses.
If you love the sound of this then send in your CV to Tareek (firstname.lastname@example.org, 01179269530).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Appropriate for "Outside IR35"Location:WiltshireType:Salary:Up to £45 p/hour - Appropriate for "Outside IR35"
— Outstanding Digital Specialist, beautifully crafted productsLocation:BristolSalary:£50K-£65K
— Highly rewarding project baseLocation:BristolSalary:£35K - £45K